Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Winter Hands Survival Kit

Hello All!

I feel as though this blog is mostly me apologizing for not posting enough. But I have two good reasons for not posting any nail photos. 1. I'm saving money and looking at swatches of nail polish is not helpful, and 2. My hands look like crap. 

Most of you will say, "That's okay, we don't mind." But, I, as a blog reader do not like to enlarge photos to see hangnails, blisters, and torn cuticles,  no matter how pretty the nail polish is. That's the look I'm currently rocking because I live in Canada, and no matter how well I take care of my hands, the cold weather makes them revert to their default setting: dry and cracked.


Fortunately, I have three 'holy grail' products that have worked wonders. My hands aren't as bad as they used to be since I've made these a staple in my make up bag.


#1. Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream I didn't think I'd love any cream as much as Lush's Lemony Flutter, but I was dead wrong. This stuff is amazing, and it keeps my dry cuticles under control.

#2. L'Occitane Shea Butter in Vineyard Rose

Not only does this make my hands soft, but it smells nice too. I think this particular version has been discontinued, but there's also an 8ML honey scented version that retails on the website for $10.00.



#3. Vaseline I figured I'd add an inexpensive classic. Since my skin is very dry, any lotion I have to use has to be as really thick and creamy. I prefer Vaseline (my favourites are Baby Powder and Cocoa Butter) because the emollient effects last longer. (Plus, it keeps away the "ash". It's a brown girl thing)

That's all I have for now. Happy Wednesday!

Ginger-Illamasqua has the best customer service. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails