Saturday, November 24, 2012

Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams:High End Nail Polish

 Hello All,

I apologize, yet again for my prolonged absence. Life got in the way of blogging. I hope to be back in the swing of things soon, but to start, here's a manicure I wore several weeks ago.

 If you had told me 4 years ago that I would be glad to drop $20 on a single bottle of nail polish, I would have told you that you were crazy. As it turns out, not only am I glad to spend $20 or more on quality nail polish, but I'm willing to do it often. That is what you would call progress. Or insanity. Either way, I'm happy to splurge occasionally on colours I really like.
Nail polish isn't as expensive as shoes or handbags so I can spend without hating myself for it. Besides, I hate shoe shopping, and I'm more into huge "Nana-sized" tote bags. Yay.
Anyway, one of my favourite splurges was Rescue Beauty Lounge's Catherine H., named for Catherine Howard, the ill-fated fifth wife of King Henry VIII, who was beheaded for committing treason and adultery.

The shade itself is a beautiful Wedgewood blue with lots of multicoloured shimmer. While some may balk at the price, I believe that we really do get what we pay for as the formula is perfect and opaque in just one coat. (I used two for the manicure)


lightbox
I missed out on purchasing the Tudor collection the first time around, but once they became available, I purchased the entire collection. Catherine H. is still available for purchase on Rescue Beauty Lounge's site, but Anne (another favourite) is sold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails