Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Haven't Posted For This Entire Month! (In other news, RBL's Cuprum is beautiful!)

It has been far too long since I've posted anything on this blog. What was supposed to be a short hiatus ended up taking longer than I expected.
Don't get me wrong--I am still a die-hard nail polish fanatic, I just lost the will to blog about it. I used to love "swatching", and I would often take one day to do all of them at once. Now I get tired just thinking about it, and when I do take pictures, I end up disliking most of them and refusing to publish them. On the other hand, I miss the dialogue I had with you, the readers of this blog. I felt really guilty whenever I failed to post something, yet I couldn't bring myself to do it because I knew I'd be posting due to obligation rather than a sincere desire to share my new finds with you. 
You all deserve better.

I think the distance is exactly what I needed to get my "groove" back. During my break I still read blogs, I just didn't add comments. (For what it's worth, nail polish blogging has come a long way since I started in 2009, and I am proud to be among your ranks!) I didn't start this blog to get sample collections from companies. I am mediocre at nail art, and I technically don't do 'reviews' of the nail polish. My goal since the beginning was to share my collection--in picture form--with other nail polish lovers. Everything that has happened since then is a bonus. I guess what I'm trying to say is...thank you. I don't post as often as most bloggers, but when I do, I want it to be something that I am proud to sign my (nick)name to.

Anyway,
Here are some old photos of a mani I did this summer using Cuprum from the Rescue Beauty Lounge Fan Collection. It's a vibrant metallic blue with copper glitter flecks. These photos were in my "reject" pile, but for the life of me, I can't remember what I didn't like about them.

indoors no flash (light box)

indirect sun

in lowlight to show the copper flakes
Cuprum is the only colour from the Fan Collection that is still available on the Rescue Beauty Lounge website. If you love blue, this one is definitely a keeper!
Hugs,
Ginger



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails