Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm Gonna Drag This out For As Long As I Can...

So there.

More random facts about the Olympics:
  1. The first black marathon winner was Ethiopian, Abebe Bikila, who won at the Rome games in 1960. Interesting side note: he ran for 2:15:16.2 barefoot. 
  2. Larissa Latynina (USSR/Ukraine) held the record for most Olympic medals won by an individual for 48 years, that is, until her record was surpassed by USA swimmer Michael Phelps. However, Latynina still holds the record for most individual medals with 14.
  3. Sprinter Stanislawa Walasiewicz (Poland)(also known as Stella Walsh) won the 100 metre sprint at the 1932 Los Angeles Olympics. It was rumoured at the time that Walsh was a man, but it was later revealed that she was actually intersex.
Today's mani has been on my nails for the past 3 days. I used 3 coats of Glitter Gal Light As A Feather (a white linear holo) and 2 coats of Wet 'N' Wild Spontaneous Combustion, (silver,gold, blue, and green hexagonal glitter in a clear base). These two complement each other quite well and I can see myself wearing this combo again.
In other news, I am slowly getting over the void the Olympics has left by watching highlights online and following the athletes on twitter.
 I am a nerd.

Have a great day!
Ginger-I had to resist the urge to buy more nail polish, but you all are not making it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails