Monday, August 13, 2012

After Party

3 coats of Orly After Party is the obvious choice.
It's over! *sadface*
To be honest with you I wasn't as interested in these Olympics as I was during the winter Olympics in Vancouver. I did watch obsessively,  but my overall attitude toward the summer Olympics is usually "meh", until the fun events start. (And no matter how often they air it on TV I will never be interested in volleyball--beach or otherwise.) However, London is one of my favourite cities in the world (nice people, nice shops, nice restaurants...really! plus, tons of history. Tons.) and I am so happy their third time hosting the Olympics was such a success.
 And how about the performance of team GB? Brilliant!
I'm a lot better at the summer sports, but I enjoy watching the winter Olympics more because damn near everything is more difficult when you add snow and ice to the equation.
Anyway, that was one heck of an after party wasn't it? Between the Spice Girls, Emeli Sandè, Take That, and the parade of supermodels wearing UK designer wear, my inner geek was having a blast. I even sang along with Eric Idle (a national treasure in my humble opinion) Even though my lack of interest  was reflected in the number of posts I did about it, there were a lot of things I really liked about these Olympics.

I liked the amount of teamwork I saw. The Japanese women's soccer team were so gracious in defeat, I thought they'd won for a second.

I liked the fact that McKayla Maroney wasn't even going to attempt a smile when she was awarded the silver medal for the vault. I admire that kind of honesty.

I loved the fact that Oscar Pistorius was allowed to participate.

I loved that the closing ceremonies began with 80s pop. I love 80s pop.

I loved hearing "Waterloo Sunset".

I loved that they ended with Muse ("Survival" is by far the most melodic and angry-sounding official theme song I have ever heard...and I love it!)

and the Who (Baba O' Riley. Classic.)

And Fatboy Slim on a giant octopus? Random, but I liked that too.

Also? Annie Lennox is still as lovely as ever.

My favourite part was seeing the Canadian team wearing 'too-cool-for-school' jean jackets. Or as we like to call them, blazers.

So yeah, the closing ceremonies were great. I don't really know what to do with my time now that it's over. Fortunately, I have two years to prepare for Sochi. You won't be able to shut me up then!


It's been fun,
Ginger-I like Russell Brand, but not singing, and definitely not singing into a megaphone.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Olympics! Especially the winter ones as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails