Thursday, May 24, 2012

List Of The Week:I Knew That Sounded Familiar!

Today's playlist is devoted to songs that have been sampled by other artists. Most are "oldies", but some are from as recent as 1998, which just goes to show that there is really 'nothing new under the sun'.

1. Summer Madness-Kool & The Gang (Sampled by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince in 'Summertime')
2. Hi-Jack-Enoch Light sampled by The Beatnuts in 'Watch Out Now' (Sampled by Jennifer Lopez in 'Jenny From The Block')
3.Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless)-Crystal Waters (Sampled by T.I. in 'WhyYou Wanna')
4.Ventura Highway-America (Sampled by Janet Jackson in 'Someone To Call My Lover')
5.And The Beat Goes On-The Whispers (Sampled by Will Smith in 'Welcome to Miami')
6.Juicy Fruit-Mtume (Sampled by Notorious B.I.G. In 'Juicy')
7. Toy Soldiers-Martika (Sampled by Eminem in 'Toy Soldiers')
8. Lady In My Life-Michael Jackson (Sampled By LL Cool J in 'Hey Lover')

Well, those are my picks. I hope you all have a great day!

Ginger-I found a retailer that Nubar here! That makes me happy.

2 comments:

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails