Friday, May 11, 2012

List Of The Week: Song I Currently Love

Hello All!
Still no nail pics. Still hating on every photo I've taken, but I hope to post some soon--good, bad, or ugly. Anyway, here's a short playlist to tide you over.
Enjoy!

  1. The Weight-The Band  (Rest in Peace Levon Helm)
  2. Guns of Brixton-The Clash (OK, how bad-ass are The Clash? Love them!)
  3. Hey Ladies-The Beastie Boys (Still remember dancing to this with my cousins Mel and Elise when I was 8. Fun times.)
  4. We Are Young-Fun (Featuring Janelle Monae) (I didn't want to admit I liked this song, but it's so...dare I say it...fun! Also, Janelle Monae is amazing.)
  5. Breath of Life-Florence+ the Machine (Speaking of amazing. Just play.)
  6. Kingdom Come-The Civil Wars (These two remind me of Sunday night sing-a-longs with my family. I  just love their music)
  7. Daybreak-Michael Haggins (Ahh... originally heard on Community. This type of jazz always makes me feel relaxed and happy. If it's good enough for Troy and Abed, it's good enough for me.)
I read a lot during my hiatus, but one book kind of stood out. At my job, (Bookstore, position: Sales clerk) everyone freaked out about the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy.(We literally cannot order them fast enough to meet the public demand) I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but there are certain things I am just not into for historical reasons. (Also, pain!) But, I do admire the author's trajectory from a TV exec who wrote fan-fiction to an overwhelming success. (However,the idea of bondage is still creepy to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

This is my list, and those are my thoughts. What say you?

Happy Friday!
Ginger-I think RBLs Fan Collection is my favourite. I love them all.

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice to see posts from you again!

    PS: I am a huge fan of The Band!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails