Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Orly Androgynie

This is one crazy twist on basic black! I was perfectly content with resting on my nail polish hoarder laurels. My most-coveted lemmings (La Boheme, Clarins 230, Deborah Lippmann Across The Universe), have a place of honour in my Rubbermaid drawers, so you'd think I would be happy with those and call it a day; you would be wrong. 
I *must* purchase every lacquer that adds pizazz to basic black. I purchased RBL Iconoclast for the oil-slick shimmer, Sephora by OPI 212 for the flakies and  BB Couture Dark Knight for the gold shimmer (and the name).

Androgynie is yet another black that I fell in love with. It's insane! The base is a black creme/jelly with a whole bunch of sparkle. There's gold glitter, hexagonal holo glitter, and silver glitter. I love it so much that I wore it on my birthday (this pic was taken after 3 days of wear). 

I only have one criticism of this polish, the base is a little too pigmented to complement the glitter properly. The large holo glitter--one of its best assets-- gets buried beneath the polish. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm wearing multi-sized glitter I want to see all of it--not just the smaller pieces. If the base were a tad more sheer it would be perfect.

3 coats lightbox
So how is everyone this week? I'm doing well, still trying to blog on a more regular basis without boring everyone :P I have a few posts planned that I think (hope) you'll enjoy.

Happy Tuesday!
Ginger-who is kind of over the magnetic polish trend. Already. And I don't even have any. It could just be me venting because it cost $15.99 plus the $15 for the magnet. No thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I love this polish and on you and your fab nails. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove Androgynie! I can't seem to find it in Canada, I should bite the bullet and buy it already....it's GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails