Monday, January 2, 2012

Ginger's 12 Manis Of Christmas: Part II

Happy New Year!
I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday, and I wish you the best in 2012 :)



As promised, part 2 of my 12 Manicures of Christmas!

Day #7: This Ought To Kill The 'Bah, Humbug'
After spending the first  couple of days vacillating between "I love the Holidays", and "I hate the Holidays", I decided to wear a bright colour to cheer me up again. Color Club's Untamed Luxury (from the fall 2010 collection of the same name) was turquoise/holo/iridescent glitter perfection.


Day #8: I Want To Wear A Non-"Christmas" Green


 Zoya Dree is definitely not a Christmas green. It's a warm olive creme, and it was a dream to wear (2 coats was enough to cover) I love the Smoke and Mirrors collection :)

Day #9: Isn't Wild Orchid A Group?


It was a group. Fergie was a member. They had one hit when I was in high school and then they faded into obscurity forever. Color Club's Wild Orchid, on the other hand, has staying power. It's a medium blue-tinged grey with multi-coloured shimmer. It is so beautiful! It's a fall shade, yet it works just as well in winter.

2 coats


Day #10: More Blue!!!


I was inspired to wear this after watching an episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians (shut up) One of the sisters (you know...the dark-haired one whose name begins with 'K') was wearing blue nail polish. I decided that I would do the same because apparently, I'm a lemming. I chose OPI's Dating A Royal (I believe this is a spring/summer pick from the Mod Brights collection, but I could be wrong) A royal blue jelly/creme. This one was a hit :)

3 coats



Day #11: I Want To Wear Something Expensive


If you had told me in 2008 that I'd ever spend $18 dollars on nail polish that wasn't OPI, I would have asked you what you were smoking. Fast forward to 2011 and I'm a devoted ReBeL. I don't have every shade (I like to have money for other things) but I did shell out to buy Scrangie--one of my favourite purples of all time. I've already blogged about it, but it really is a beautiful and unique take on purple. I love it and it made me feel like a classy dame :)
2 coats


 Day # 12 I'm Done!

On the 12th day I wore NOTHING!!! Well, not nothing. I wore clothes and make up but had naked nails. I figured, after wearing nail polish for 11 days straight, my nails needed a break. For New Year's Eve my nails were completely bare. My first mani of 2012 was RBL Catherine.

Happy Monday!!!
Ginger-who spent New Year's Day with family and friends. What a wonderful way to begin :)



1 comment:

  1. Completely love ALL of these on you! Haha, over the craziness of the last three months, I need a break from polishes, so I have gone without polish today and am very, very glad for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails