Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ginger's 12 Manis Of Christmas: Part I


Hello All! 
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas/Holiday and wish you a prosperous New Year :)
 In spite of the lack of nail-related content on this blog, I have been wearing nail polish--and enjoying it all month. Rather than doing 12 separate posts featuring my Christmas manis, I've decided to do two. Part 1 is for the first 6 days, and part 2 is the last 6.






Day #1: Yay! It's Christmas!!!!
I wanted to do something fun and festive for the first day, so I painted 2 coats of China Glaze Sugar Plums (a plummy shimmer with holographic glitter) and painted the tips with 1 coat of China Glaze Twinkle Lights ( a clear base with gold,green,red, and some silver holo glitter)  I liked this look a lot.



Day #2: I Hate Christmas!

I think I was really pissed off on day 2 and all I wanted to wear was brown. I have no recollection as to why, but surprisingly, it worked. The brown I chose was  3 coats of OPI Get In the Espresso-Lane! from their Touring America collection (a greenish-brown creme) Oddly enough, I liked this mani a lot.







Day #3: To Heck With Winter! I'm Wearing Blue!
I got kind of bored with seeing so much red and green, so I opted for Revlon Colorstay nail enamel in Blue Slate (a slate blue creme) This was another hit. Everyone else was wearing variations of the traditional holiday mani, and I was rocking blue :) I dare to be different.






...that is until Day #4: I Want My Nails To Look Like Christmas Trees!

Day 4 is my favourite <3 I achieved this beautifully obnoxious manicure by wearing 3 coats of OPI Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow and 1 coat of China Glaze Party Hearty.



 Day#5: Why, Yes I Am Trying To Draw Attention To My Hands.
OPI Designer-De-Better, a champagne-gold foil with pink and copper flecks. Blindingly shiny and beautiful. I loved this mani.




Day #6: Nope, I'm Over It...Again.

I just did not want to bother on this day. I had loads of stamping designs and stickers in mind, but between my long holiday hours, early wake up time, and lack of sleep, I had zero interest in making an effort.
Hence, the always classy, ever safe, burgundy creme/jelly; OPI All A-Bordeaux The Sled. To be fair, this is from a Holiday collection, (and one of my favourites) but it is also kind of basic. No worries though, it's still gorgeous and I wore it the longest.




Hopefully, I'll have Part 2 for you tomorrow :)
Have a great evening!
Ginger-who had an awesome Christmas with my amazing family <3

1 comment:

  1. LOLLLL number two! It looks fantastic on you too. I'm SO holiday'ed out right now I'm wanting to wear neutrals for the rest of the month. Hah! But all of these suit you so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails