Saturday, November 5, 2011

Seven Deadly Sins Week: Sloth



Sloth:

/slôTH/ unwillingness to work or exert oneself; laziness; indolence.


I thought Sloth would be a perfect choice for my latest installation of Deadly Sins week because...well...it's precisely the reason why it took me 2 days to post the next in the series. I was too lazy. I was tired. I wanted to spend my time sitting in front of the computer watching TV and not thinking.

I kind of reject sloth as a deadly sin because it's fun to do absolutely nothing.

But wait...I can't really reject it because it's only fun for a little while. If I had to spend an entire life doing nothing I'd go crazy. We're not wired to be inactive for too long. I guess that's what I'm learning about the so-called deadly sins this week--they're only deadly if they consume you to the point of excess. So the word to consider is moderation. It's normal to be jealous sometimes, but envy is destructive. It's okay to satisfy hunger, but gluttony is wasteful. Taking a break is okay, but sloth makes one poor. Like my Nana says, "If you don't work, you don't eat.

indoors no flash


I took a lot of pictures of BB Couture's Sloth because it's my favourite of the collection. It's a rich brown with multi-coloured shimmer and sparse flecks of red glitter. I know it's not a popular choice, but I LOVE  brown! There's something about it that makes it look rich and sophisticated.

2 coats direct sun



direct sun


So there you have it, sloth is my favourite shade (if not my favourite deadly sin :P)

Have A Happy and restful Saturday!
Ginger-who is happy to spend this day in her pajamas :)



2 comments:

  1. Mmm this is GORGEOUS. I want to be slothful, I'm on my sixth straight day of work and I'm ready for a vacation. I love browns too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with this one! I love it for the name too. lol goes on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails