Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Seven Deadly Sins Week: Gluttony

Gluttony: [ˈglʌtənɪ] greediness about food; the habit of eating too much.


I'll admit, I've succumbed to gluttony on more than one occasion. When I was little I'd eat more than my share of cookies so my brother didn't get any. I've gone to an 'All you can eat' buffet and eaten all I could eat...and some of what everyone else could too. I also forced myself to finish food after I was full because the meal was being paid for by someone else. (I didn't want to be wasteful. Also it was free!)

Gluttony is the act of over-consumption. You can be gluttonous about food, alcohol, and extravagant items. It's considered a 'deadly' sin because where gluttony reigns, there's no room for sharing.

When I think of gluttony the first example that comes to mind is the Monty Python skit in which the man in the restaurant eats until he literally explodes

Disgusting, but that's the nature of gluttony; what you have is never enough.



a little washed out by my lightbox, no flash

true-to-life,overcast, no flash


On that cheery note, I'll have to say that Gluttony in polish form is beautiful. It has a pink/lavender base with silver and clear micro-glitter. Two coats were fine, but I see that I have a few bald spots in the lightbox picture.

So what do you think?

Ginger-who can be accused of nail polish gluttony. Oh dear.



 

2 comments:

  1. Me+nail polish=GLUTTONY!!! I'll never have enough!!
    (I need this one, too) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is gorgeous. And I'm sure I'm guilty of nail polish gluttony too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails