Tuesday, November 29, 2011

C-C-Courage

I used to be really shy. Like, painfully shy. I was constantly terrified of saying and doing the wrong thing, so I wouldn't say or do anything.  I tried my hardest to be as agreeable and diplomatic as possible because I didn't want anyone to hate me. That changed when I overheard two acquaintances talking about me. They were saying that I was too nice and all of my attempts at amiability and politeness came across as fake. I decided abandon my people-pleasing ways because, they we're right; it was fake. I was just too intimidated to notice. It took a lot of courage for me to be my true self and it was one of the most rewarding decisions I've ever made. 
A few months later I heard one of them saying, "I don't know what happened to her, she used to be so nice. Now she's so outspoken and assertive, you never know what she's going to say!" 

  Well. I guess you can't please everyone.

 So don't ever feel pressured to try.

In honour of me rediscovering my long-dormant courageous side, I'm wearing a re-release of an old China Glaze classic from the Wizard Of Ooh Ahz collection.

From what I understand the old version of C-C-Courage is a sheer frost with silver glitter. The re-tread is more of a shimmer/frost hybrid.  (Eyes Like Sapphires has a similar look and texture) It's really beautiful though. Plus, it's purple. You cannot go wrong with purple.
2 coats,indoors no flash, lightbox
Thank you for allowing me to share with you (like you had a choice :P)
 I hope you have a great week :)

Ginger-who has so much to do...and so little time!







1 comment:

  1. That polish is so pretty. :)

    Good for you, finding your voice. And you are right, you can't please some people and it isn't even worth trying. If someone wants to hate on you and tear you down, they are going to do it, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails