Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rants and Raves:Featuring BB Couture Belle Starr

Happy Sunday!

I decided to do something a little different for this week's Rants and Raves. Instead of the wall of text in previous posts, I'm also going to be posting my mani of the week.

Raves

1. The Emmys last week. Modern Family is one of my favourite shows on TV so I was glad to see it win every damn thing. Also, Kyle Chandler finally wins Best Actor in a Drama for Friday Night Lights. It was one of the most underrated shows on TV, but consistently fantastic. I'm sad to see it go.

2.The weather. The weather up here has been awesome. I love fall.

3.The triumphant return of good TV. I'm not knocking summer TV at all, (well...not all summer TV) but I missed my old shows.

4. Only a few weeks away from the return of NHL hockey. Thank God.

5. BB Couture Belle Starr- (from the Wild West collection) Not only is Belle Starr named after a famous American outlaw (and indirectly the 80s group the Belle-Stars) but it's also a goregous medium purple with subtle pink and purple shimmer. I've worn it more than any other colour this year.



 

2 coats, sunlight

shade
Rants

1. Another kid commits suicide due to anti-gay bullying Cases of bullycide can no longer be tolerated as 'isolated incidents'. Children are being victimized regularly and the same old 'kids-will-be-kids' excuses aren't good enough any more. If something isn't done by all involved parties (parents,teachers, students and administration,) more children will die because of it.

2. Arsenic in apple juice?- Well, at least, according to Dr. Oz there is. If we are to believe everything we see on TV about food, nothing is safe. Not even water. My advice; choose your food wisely and don't buy into fear-mongering.

3. The fact that Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston are still linked in the news in spite of the fact that they've been divorced for several years. Move on people, they're divorced! They are living separate lives! Leave them both alone!

4.I fell asleep and missed the season premiere of SNL. I know you don't care, but it's important to me.

5.The state of modern FM radio. I listened to a radio station for 3 hours. In those 3 hours they played the same 3 songs each hour. No wonder everyone is switching to satellite.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my rants and raves :)
See you next week!

Ginger-who has purchased yet another pink nail polish. I won't rest until I have all of them!

2 comments:

  1. Guess what? I named Belle Starr! Haha. For real though, Kim was asking for names for the female half of this collection on Facebook, because they were stuck, and I suggested a list of famous "Wild West" women. This was the only suggestion they took. Naturally, I love it, and I think it looks fantastic on you!
    *sigh*
    I could rant all day about bullying. I was bullied as a teenager, in addition to the other things going on at home I often look back in amazement because I didn't attempt suicide. It's a HUGE problem and one everyone needs to step up to the plate to solve. Parents, teachers, staff. The message needs to be spread that this is not acceptable in any shape or form and not one more child needs to be treated so badly that they feel they're better off being dead. It hurts my heart. I mean, if just one student would go to administration and tell them it was going on, and then they would activate a "team" and tell parents too, it could be shut down.
    Well, I've written a small book in your comments, I'll stop now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started watching Modern Family because originally I thought it was going to be really stupid but I like it a lot! It's funny and not dumb at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails