Tuesday, September 20, 2011

List Of The Week: 90s Dance Pop

90s dance music is my not-so guilty pleasure. Outwardly I complain about it, (ex. 'it's so repetitive', 'the lyrics are so vapid', 'all the beats sound the same'), but when I'm alone I jam to it.

 Listening to this stuff is what helped me maintain a size '0' physique through most of high school. (I used to listen to it while running)

So yeah, the lyrics might be vapid, the beats do kind of sound alike, and the songs are really repetitive, but they're also fun. They are the musical equivalent of of a Hostess snack cake and there isn't a darn thing wrong with that.

I love snack cakes.

1. Connected-Stereo MC's

2. All That She Wants-Ace of Base My brother played this song on repeat for an entire week!

3. No Limits-2 Unlimited Played at every single hockey game I've ever been to.

4.What is Love-Haddaway Three words: Saturday Night Live.

5. Rhythm of The Night-Corona I'll always remember this one because my neighbour started singing it in Sunday school of all places. He was put out of class.

6. Mr. Vain-Culture Beat Another song my brother really liked.

7. Coco Jambo-Mr. President This one was on a compilation CD that my bestie bought when she went to Syria. I still don't know what a 'Coco Jambo' is.

8.Oh La La La-2 Eivissa Catchy with vapid lyrics. ('Oh-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la')

9. Stay-Eternal This was the song that I (illegally) recorded from the radio! and played every day for an entire summer. Grade 7 was fun.

10. Run To You- (En) Rage A cover of the Bryan Adams song. I don't know why I still love this song, but I do. So there.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my super-sweet dance/house/pop music. I'll be posting nail polish later in the week.

Have a great evening!

Ginger-who is amused that everyone is jumping on the 'I-love-Modern-Family" bandwagon now that the show has won so many Emmys. Hate to sound like a hipster doofus, but I liked it from the start :P





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your lists! Haha, the nineties was the decade I spent the most time in dance clubs. I don't know a couple of these, but I do like them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not missed a single episode of MF! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails