Sunday, September 4, 2011

I Hate Summer, Bring On Fall

I feel like such a whiner. All winter I was complaining, "It's too cold", "There's too much snow", "I forget what the sun looks like". Keep in mind that I live in Canada where complaining about winter is like complaining about hockey-- absolutely useless.  Spring was miserable this year, so I was very happy to see the sun.

And then I remembered how much I hate the heat. And bugs. And summer.

My hatred for summer began when my school years ended. I don't technically have anything to look forward to. Sure, I have vacations, but they're usually unpaid and too short to do anything substantial. Bah.

So here's a short list of things I hate about summer. (Don't worry-I have plenty of cheese to accompany this whine :P)

1. Heat-I do not like being hot. I don't care how odour-free your sweat is, there's something about walking around with soaking wet clothing that makes you feel...well...stinky. I am a pro at layering to keep warm in cold weather, but when it's sweltering and humid outside, I become a hot,sweaty, whiny mess.

2.Fashion-People dress horribly in the summer! I've seen enough exposed thongs, see-through tops, and butt-cleavage baring shorts to last me a lifetime. Also, Leggings are not real pants!
(put a long shirt over that mess)

3. No NHL or NBA. So which sport do I watch? None of them because I hate everything else.

4. More Crappy Reality Shows- Summer is the season that good television forgot. So instead of mainstays like Modern Family (love) and 30 Rock (double-love), I get 'Love In The Wild' (what the eff?) and 'The Bachelorette' (umm...no.)

5.Bugs- I dislike any flying thing that bites or stings and I especially hate them when I'm trying to eat some BBQ.

6. B.O. and complaining about B.O. -It is hot outside. When it's hot outside, people sweat. Sometimes, people's sweat really stinks. We all know this. We've all been in the vicinity of a smelly, sweaty person and it is not pleasant to say the least. On the other hand, listening to someone constantly whine about it is just as annoying. So either say something to the person, or offer them some deodorant. (I've done both before and the offending person(s) were surprisingly okay with it) If not, kindly shut-up and suffer in silence.

7. People who mow their lawns at 6am. This is mostly directed at my neighbour, who has decided that the butt-crack of dawn is the perfect time to pull out his noisy lawnmower.
I do not want.

8. Loud Music- I know people (and by "people" I mean men) are really proud of their car stereo systems, and want to share the joy of their wonderful music with everyone. But I could happily live the rest of my life without  having my house vibrating because you're playing Young Jeezy.

Thank God it's almost fall.The air will be cool and crisp, the leaves will change beautiful colours and all of the young mallrats who have been clogging up city buses, movie theatres, and beaches will be going back to school.

Hallelujah.

I really didn't want my first post of September to be me ranting about a season that's almost over, but I hate most of the NoTD swatches I've taken, so this'll have to do for now.
I haven't forgotten that I promised a giveaway (waaaay back in July). I have been hoarding items for at least a year now, but I keep postponing the announcement because, well, giveaways are hard. I'm dangerously close to whining again, so I guess I'll end here.

Happy Sunday!

Ginger-who spotted the WnW Halloween collection today and didn't realize it until I left the store. Duh.

3 comments:

  1. I hate summer too. And I particularly hate summer here in the south. It's utterly miserable for this Yankee. Blech, double blech and bring on fall!
    You spotted the WNW Halloween stuff? YAY that's good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super funny! Actually I love summer (despite all things you mentioned -butt cleavage ROTFL!) and I feel sad it's almost ended :-( but I will cheer up with some new Fall polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more excited to do fall themed nails than anything lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails