Monday, September 12, 2011

3 China Glaze Metros and A Guest Swatch!

 Hello All!
Today I have 3 of my favourite colours from China Glaze's latest fall collection. To be honest, I really liked this collection...I just didn't love it. I think this is the only ChG fall collection that I won't buy in full. It just wasn't unique enough for me. That said, I adore the ones I did get. They are perfect for the season, interesting, and really pretty!

Trendsetter
(mustard yellow shimmer)

This is the 4th time in as many months that I have been drawn to a yellow. I love this colour! It's a dusty yellow, similar to the colour of honey-mustard and it looks surprisingly good with my skin tone. I used to hate yellow nail polish. I'm still indifferent towards cool, pastel yellows, but I love the ones that look like mustard. Trendsetter has lovely shimmer throughout, giving it a nice gilded look and it is opaque in just 2 coats.
open shade, 2 coats


direct sun


Westside Warrior
(Camo green creme)

Westside Warrior is another beauty. It's an incredibly shiny camouflage green cream. I definitely wasn't expecting to see this in a fall collection, but I love it. I'm fairly new to the army/olive/swamp green trend, buying the bulk of my collection in the past 2 years. I don't know why, it's fabulous! It is definitely an edgy alternative to the ubiquitous mauve-taupe.
in direct sun, 2 coats
open shade
































Westside Warrior is another 2-coater and is also really thick and opaque.








Last but not least is my favourite from this set, Skyscraper


Skyscraper is an indigo jelly a loads of silver shimmer. It is so twinkly and beautiful that it immediately attracted the attention of my nail polish-loving niece, Nuni. Since I'm such a great Auntie, I allowed her to be the first person to wear it. She even asked me to take a picture of it!

Behold:

this is just too adorable for words!

this is what 3 coats looks like on me :)













overcast






I really liked all of the colours in this collection, but I wish some of them were more unique...not that I'm hating on the classics, but I do like some variety.

What did you think of the Metro collection? Which ones did you like best? Let me know in the comments!

Ginger-who has started spending money on nail polish again. I do not need more. I do not need more. I do not...Aw, who am I kidding? I need the muppets collection.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love that Nuni got to do a guest swatch here. :) How cute! Of course she has great taste like her auntie. :)
    I picked out five of these, myself. I ended up getting Midtown Magic and CG in the City, but I completely skipped the cremes, and that wine shimmer? Nothing I felt like I needed, I guess.
    Trendsetter is awesome on you! I knew it would suit a lot of skintones. Everyone I've seen it on I think it looks great. (whoa, that sentence structure kinda sucked - but I think you know what I'm trying to say haha!) It definitely pulls more green on me than yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails