Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm Back With A New Theme Week

Hellooo! Is anyone still out there?

Well, after a long (unintentional) vacation I'm back! I spent the past 2 weeks cursing my bright idea to allow my cousin to sleep in my office/spare bedroom. With my computer. Aside from hogging my computer for the entire visit, this cousin also changed settings, unsuccessfully tried to log into my admin account 49 times, and failed at downloading blocked material. Bah.

I finally put an end to cousin's invasion by disconnecting the Internet. It's a good thing I use my power for good.

Anyway, being offline for awhile gave me time to work on my latest theme week.

Classic nail polish colours always get a bad rap. Whenever a new collection is released, the addition of any or all of these colours is met with a chorus of "boring!", "safe", or "predictable". We polish aficionados like to think that everyone has the same unique tastes as we do but the truth is, safe sells.

According to Merriam-Webster, a classic is  "Judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind".  As much as I love murky greens, shocking shades of blue, and vibrant purples, there will always be a place in my heart for red, pink, nude,white, and black. No matter what year it is, these colours never go out of style and are always available in the core collections of all nail polish brands.

So rather than adding to the hatred of all things basic, I'm going to give them all the respect they deserve for being the little black dresses and plain white shirts of the beauty world.

I hope you enjoy it :)

It's good to be back.

Ginger-who is planning a nail polish purge soon. Oh Boy.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! Well, I am looking forward to this week's theme, for sure. Everyone needs basics in their nail polish wardrobe!
    I'm still wincing over your cousin's antics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails