Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Classic #5:Pink

I know, I know, I'm one day early for "Pink Wednesday" but I figured if I didn't post this today, I'd procrastinate again and post it 3 weeks later. *Sigh*

As many of you Pinkginger regulars know, pink is my favourite colour of all time. (hence the blog name) Something about it just makes me happy. Fortunately for me, pink has never fallen out of favour in the nail polish world.

A few weeks ago, I was watching 'Sixteen Candles' (I love,love,love that movie. infinity x1000!) anyway, I couldn't help but notice that nearly every female in the film was wearing a different shade of pink nail polish. There were a variety of different finishes, (seeing as how this was the 80s,frost predominated) but even back then, pink ruled.

I love how different shades of pink can create different moods. The colour red is so vibrant, that even at its lightest it's still dramatic. Pink is different because it can run the gamut from fuchsia to carnation and you could wear it to the club or to work.

Today's swatch is one of my favourite sheers (no I have not lost my mind, I actually like a sheer!)

I first heard of Essie's Mademoiselle in InStyle magazine, (you know, back when I actually read magazines :P) It was consistently picked as Best Neutral Nail Polish, by readers and was the go-to colour for women who didn't want 'loud' nails.

When I got the chance, I hesitantly bought it, not knowing how it would look with my colouring.
Its milky, jelly finish works surprisingly well on me (colours like this are very 'hit-or-miss'). I received raves from complete strangers when I wore it, which is very unusual for a sheer.

The only sticking point is it takes at least four coats to build opacity but if you're wearing sheer nail polish, opacity isn't what you're after. I vaguely remember buying either this or Ballet Slipper for a coworker whose husband hates coloured nail polish. (I don't get it either)  Both loved it.

in direct sun
in shade
Originally I was going to post something a bit more outlandish, but then I remembered that approximately 60% of the pink nail polish I see is this colour. Not that there's anything wrong with that. This is definitely in my top 5 pinks. The others are Zoya Kiki, OPI I've Got A Date To-Knight, DS Exclusive, and DS Divine.

I obviously like my pinks sparkly and fuchsia :)

Let me know what your favourite pink is in the comments!

Ginger-who is loving the WNW Coloricon eyeshadows right now!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have this! I picked it up when I was wanting a sheer base color, it's actually really pretty. I like it on you! Zoya Kiki is one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeh me too! yey pink. it looks really good on you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pinks as well, in all shades. I like the above color, I must go and get it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails