Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Classic #4 Purple

 Purple wasn't always a classic. Pink, Red and Nude ruled supreme on drugstore shelves when I was growing up, while purple was only sold at certain times of the year in limited edition collections. Purple nail polish reached 'classic' status when companies finally realized that it sold
equally as well as their precious core shades. ( approximately sometime in the late 90s.)
 Nowadays purple is as commonplace as red, and most people don't even bat a disparaging eye when they see it, particularly if it's lavender or lilac.


L.A. Girl Intoxicate is a beautiful red-purple with gold shimmer.  It has a 'lit-from-within' glowy quality to it, and looks gorgeous in the sunlight.
indoors,3 coats open shade
in direct sunlight









I only have 2 more 'Classics' posts left before I return to your regularly scheduled programming. I'm sorry I keep ducking in and out, I've had a lot on my plate lately so I don't have as much time to post often. Thank you for sticking with me even though I'm barely here :)

Happy Tuesday!

Ginger-who is sooo excited for the  release  of  OPI's Muppets collection!!! I may have mentioned this already, but I'm getting all of them. ALL OF THEM! (I need to calm down)

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, that is GORGEOUS. You know at one point I had almost double the amount of purple polishes in my collection in comparison to my next favorite polish color, green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely color! I love purples

    I follow your blog now for a pretty long time and maybe you followed mine on Melaniesnailpolish (The Color Palette), but I moved to a new blog that fits my ideas. Maybe you would like to take a look at www.thecolorpaletteblog.blogspot.com
    Maybe I see you there :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails