Thursday, July 21, 2011

List Of The Week: The Name Game

Songs with names in the title.

1.Eleanor-Low Millions This song was the inspiration for this playlist. I was an earworm for an entire week. Good thing I like Adam Cohen (son of Leonard)

2.Tyrone-Erykah Badu Everyone has had at least one "Tyrone" in their dating history. Some married him : /

3.Roxanne-The Police Will always remind me of this scene in 48 Hours.

4.Sara Smile-Hall &Oates I still can't tell who is Hall and who's Oates, but this song is nice. Especially if your name is Sara.

5.Oh Sherry-Journey Steve Perry for the win! According to pop-up video, the real-life 'Sherry' is in this video. They broke up shortly after this song was released

6.Bernadette-The Four Tops I love the song but the name Bernadette belongs with names like 'Edna' and 'Mildred'--great for 80 year-olds, bad for newborns.

7.Eleanor Rigby-The Beatles Another Eleanor. This is one of my favourite Beatles songs. So sad :(

8.Hey Jude-The Beatles Pissing guys named Jude off since 1968.

9.Meet Virginia-Train Based on the description in the song I would not like to 'meet Virginia'. I would like to avoid her. And possibly cuss her out.

10.Rosanna-Toto Written for Rosanna Arquette.

11.Sara-Jefferson Starship I love Jefferson Airplane. Jefferson Starship can suck rocks.

12.Sunny-Bobby Hebb I just adore this song. I even like the cover by Cher.

13.Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)-Looking Glass

14.Rhiannon-Fleetwood Mac My mother calls this 'that witchy song'. I think it's pretty. I love story-songs and this is one of the best. Plus, the name Rhiannon is lovely.

Do you all have any ideas for playlists? Submissions? I can organize playlists for days, but I always choose the same songs and need something different every so often.

Let me know in the comments!

Ginger-who is going to do a haul post next. I will try my hardest not to brag.













2 comments:

  1. ee i love roxanne.
    and the Tyrone song is so bad.. whenever i meet someone named that.. all i think about is that song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyrone...damn do I love that song. And I still quote from it.
    I'm a little miffed that you did not include "Mandy" by Barry Manilow. He wrote the songs after all... ;)

    There's a song called Jennifer by a an obscure rock band, Axe. I sing it to my sister all the time.

    I'm sure I'll come up with playlist ideas for you. Whether you want them or not is another story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails