Tuesday, June 21, 2011

An Old Layering Combo With Added Rambling


Remember me?  I know I've been really slack lately, but while I'm restricted from purchasing nail polish it is much easier to avoid any and all temptation. So I haven't been around much. I offer as consolation a lovely mani I did last December (!) using 3 coats of Essie Smokin' Hot and one coat of Nina Ultra Pro in Molten Copper. Hawt.

The only reason I even purchased this colour is because I saw Lambchop doing some awesome layering on her blog. Aaand this is why I shouldn't be reading blogs while on a no buy. Too many relapses.

A lot has happened since I last posted.


1. Everyone in the world got to see how insane we Canucks get about hockey. Publicly I rooted for Vancouver (because I didn't want to have to denounce my citizenship), but I was secretly rooting for Boston. They're closer, they're nicer, and  in 1917 they helped my province after a tanker exploded and killed thousands of people. Yay Boston =)

It was really upsetting to have such a great sporting event tainted by rioting and looting. Hell, they even looted a MAC store. (Seriously, who loots for make-up?) I think the majority of the looters were a) not from Vancouver and b) going to cause a ruckus anyway--win or lose.

I understand being pissed about your team losing. Hey, the same thing happened to my favourite team in 2008. However, I didn't break squat. I sat on my couch, whined a bit, and went back to living my life. Perhaps Vancouver will win a Stanley Cup when their fans learn how to lose with dignity.

2. Go MAVS! (I'm still happy about that one.)

3. More ash-clouds.

4. It's about frickin' time Weiner resigned. About. Frickin'.Time.

5. Nationwide Postal Strike/Lock-out  (I have 3 hauls coming to me in the mail. Ask how impressed I am by this.)

That's what life is like on my side of the universe. How's yours?

 xoxo

Ginger-who is hoping for a resolution to the strike because I want my nail polish. (oh yeah, worker's rights, union, equality, blah,blah,blah, that too)



3 comments:

  1. I want Canada Post to hurry up and figure their shit out too! I have 3 packages coming to me, including 1 ruby slippers...and also I heard that there were lots of the stupid Black Bloc in the vancouver crowd & they did lots of the looting...like in T.O. during G20...so dumb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the layering you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why you invite me, I'm a bad influence. ;)
    Not that you've helped out my wallet either!
    Love this look and I'm going to have to try it myself.

    I think this rambling was more kvetching and I applaud and approve.
    Really? Riots? Looting? I love sports too and I wanted to tear my hair out when the Ducks lost the BCS. But I didn't feel compelled to toss over a Dutch Bros. coffee stand. Mainly, because I needed the coffee the next day but whatevs. I made my point.

    You, yes you, are always awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails