Tuesday, June 14, 2011

NOTD: OPI "Sheer" Your Toys

3 coats,Seche Vite topcoat,OPI Ridgefiller basecoat,

This colour has been on my lemming list for 2 years. Every time I saw it in photos I always thought, "Gaah! I NEED that colour!"...and then I'd see something else I wanted and purchased that instead. For 2 years.
It's funny how I love this colour so much today, I hated it when it was released! I took one look at the Holiday in Toyland display and said, "who would buy that ugly-ass grey?"

Um, me.

The particular beauty of this polish is in the details. It's a cool blue-grey with a slight pinkish hue. The drugstore I found it in labeled it 'mauve', and I'm inclined to agree. My favourite feature of this colour isn't the finish, (a beautiful pearlescent shimmer), it's the tiny flecks of copper glitter within, (similar to the ones in You're A Doll). Very unique.

This colour looks a lot more grey on me than I thought it would. (It pulls purple on lighter complexions) Nevertheless, I adore it. I wore it proudly, even though my (male) coworker--who always notices my nails--said "That's a boring colour for you."

I guess I'll be wearing brights tomorrow.

Happy Tuesday!

Ginger-This rolling Canada Post strike is seriously cramping my style. Seriously. (That's the last time I'll mention this. I swear)

3 comments:

  1. I do too, and I'm like you - I keep meaning to pick this up, and then I never get around to it. There are a couple of colors from this collection I have been meaning to snag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of those colours I don't know why I like them, but I do, every single time I see swatches of them. Go figure. But it's such a lovely colour, I guess I just have to buy it myself too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails