Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nicole By OPI Iceberg Lotus



*****DISCLAIMER*****

My mind is mush today so this post may or may not make sense.


I don't know what the deal is with the name, but this is one beautiful colour!
 You all know I'm a sucker for duochromes, shimmer, and teal, but all three in the same polish? RIDICULOUS!

(and by "ridiculous" I mean awesome.)

Iceberg Lotus is less green and more blue in real life, but that's just a minor detail. The glass-flecks are perfectly distributed, giving it an insanely sparkly almost metallic-looking finish. I bought this solely for the pink/blue duochrome shift.

 It is beautiful!

(I really need to find a new word to describe these XD)

 Indoor lighting is definitely not the best way to showcase the beauty of this polish, but I tried :P

3 coats indoors no flash

trying (and failing) to capture the blue flash
...but it shows up pretty well in the bottle!
The only negative (if you can call it that) is the sheerness of the polish. I used 3 coats but still had a few bald spots. Nothing that a steadyand even hand can't remedy. (I painted this at 4 in the morning while listening to my bestie rant about the awful party she attended, so it might be my error.)

I bought this at a random drugstore. So far, I haven't seen the Canadian exclusive pink, but believe me, I'm looking!

In other news, Canada Post has resumed operations so we can all breathe a sigh of relief (and say a prayer for the workers) . Thus far, all I've gotten is bills, but I know there's some nail polish coming my way soon.

I can't wait.

Happy Tuesday!

Ginger-who now understands why everyone was complaining about the heat. It's so uncomfortable!

4 comments:

  1. You are rockin' the 'berg!!!' LOL...that is a weird name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I must find it because I love duochromes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty green but the name makes it sort of icky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails