Monday, June 13, 2011

List Of The Week:Questionable Covers

....And by "questionable" I mean "bad". Or unnecessary. I'm usually a fan of covers, but the ones listed here annoyed me for various reasons. (Click the italicized  artist names to hear the original <3)


1.Nothing Else Matters-Aliqua (Metallica) Wrong. Beautiful, but wrong.

2.My Prerogative-Britney Spears (Bobby Brown) In the case of the dueling pop stars,Bobby Brown is king.

3.Girls Just Wanna Have Fun-Miley Cyrus (Cyndi Lauper) I'm biased for 2 reasons; 1. I don't like Miley Cyrus as a singer, and 2. This is one of my favourite songs from my childhood and I don't like anyone messing with it. You can't improve on a classic.

4.Our Lips Are Sealed-Hilary and Haylie Duff (The Go-Go's) See above.

5.Land of Confusion-Disturbed (Genesis) This one is just unnecessary. Cool video though.

6.These Boots Are Made For Walkin'-Jessica Simpson (Nancy Sinatra) Ugh. Where do I begin? First of all, she isn't singing. She's doing that breathy, whispery, "I'm-trying-to-sound-sexy-but-failing-miserably" voice. Second, the video is stupid and the additions to the song are annoying. Nancy Sinatra's version is cooler and more bad-ass than this one. (Not to mention less exploitative)

This is about all I could take for today. Thanks for playing!


Ginger-who is exhausted from the weekend. How is that even possible?


2 comments:

  1. Megadeth did a cover of "Boots." I suppose that yes, it is questionable but then again I have a thing for metal bands performing covers of pop songs.
    Best examples: Children of Bodom doing "Oops! I Did It Again" and Firewind's version of "Maniac."
    Both are magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hahaha this list is making me laugh so hard. You know, Jessica Simpson did a remake of "Take My Breath Away" that just makes me cringe every time I hear it. UGH. Also, Mariah Carey's Bringin' On The Heartbreak. Just - wrong.
    Sometimes I like covers, but there are a lot that I just hate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails