Sunday, June 5, 2011

List Of The Week:Depressing Songs From The '90s

Hello All!

I was born in the '80s (like,at the beginning of the '80s), but I came of age in the '90s. I remember when people who are now considered music legends were just starting out. My very first rock tape was Nirvana, I read Sweet Valley High books, and my favourite shows were Beverly Hills 90210 and Ricki Lake. To this day, I still say, "What-everrr" because of Clueless. I've loved Bradley Cooper since he was a presenter on Globe Trekker, and the big rap stars of the day rapped about important things instead of money and jewels.

I miss the '90s terribly :(
Here's a random list of songs that are either depressing in tone or by subject matter. The '90s had a lot of those--mostly because we all were trying to figure out the point of our aimless lives. Some of us got it, some of us died trying, and the rest of us are still trying to figure things out...but enjoying the journey.

Anyway, here's the list. Play at your leisure.


1.Jumper-Third Eye Blind Sad about a suicidal friend.
2.The Freshmen-The Verve Pipe Abortion and a Valium overdose. (I'm not making this list appealing at all.)

3.Everybody Hurts-R.E.M. Yes they do.

4.Creep-Radiohead "I'm a creep,I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here." Join the club.

5.Don't Speak-No Doubt Sad about the end of a relationship.

6.Heart-Shaped Box-Nirvana Sad about an unstable relationship.

7.Miss World-Hole "I'm Miss World, Somebody kill me". Uh, yeah, this qualifies.

8.Bother-Stone Sour Released in 2002, but whatever.Still depressing as hell.

9.Retrospect For Life-Common feat. Lauryn Hill More abortion and regret with an awesome Stevie Wonder sample.

10.My Friends-Red Hot Chili Peppers Sad about depression, but offering support and love :)


Uh...Happy Sunday?

Ginger-who has been listening to '90s music all weekend. I miss it, I really do.

5 comments:

  1. I knew Third Eye Blind would be on there somewhere! That's a sad song, but I'm obsessed with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh creep. i miss 90's music too.
    i love radiohead. happy sunday/happy depressing song sunday. ( lol) sometimes it's good to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the "I'm still trying to figure it out" camp, myself. :| That was definitely a nineties "theme" and I guess it comes through pretty strongly in the music - which I miss. I've got an utterly humongous nineties playlist that I love to cycle through!
    This is (weird as that sounds) one of my favorite playlists from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "The Freshman" by Verve Pipe. I still listen to it, great song! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails