Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Product Review:Misikko HanaAir Hair Dryer

I was recently approached by John of the online store Misikko, purveyor of Hair Straighteners and other hair and beauty accessories to review one of their products, the HanaAir hair dryer. I've only ever used inexpensive department store hair dryers, so I was very interested in how a salon-grade model would compare.


photo courtesy of misikko.com


From the website:

Hana Salon presents the powerful HanaAir hair dryer. This dryer has been salon tested and salon recommended since its inception. Inspired by Italian design, the combination of HanaAir's strongest AC motor along with its tourmaline lined ceramic heater, will dry your hair up to 60% faster, maintaining natural shine while promoting healthy luxurious hair.











.
a photo of the HanaAir Dryer in the box


I wanted to see how well the HanaAir worked with wet hair, so I separated my hair into sections, and blow dried it using the HanaAir with concentrator nozzle attachment and a flat brush. The first thing I noticed was how lightweight it is. I was expecting it to be really heavy, but it wasn't. Another postitive attribute is the quiet motor. After years of using "loud-as-a-motor-bike-with-a-faulty-muffler", hair dryers. The low hum of the HanaAir was a welcome change.



My hair is thick and permed-straight so it usually takes about 45 minutes in total to blow dry. That doesn't even count the extra 20 minutes it takes to flat-iron all the curls. (Because even with a perm, my natural hair texture comes out) Needless to say, washing, drying, and styling my hair is quite the production, but with the HanaAir, my hair was bone dry in 15 minutes, and I didn't  even need to flat iron it afterwards
I especially enjoy the range of settings. You have the option of using high heat, medium heat, or low heat, as well as two air flow settings, (high and low) and a cooling button that provides a shot of cold air to set your style. I played around with each setting until finally settling on medium heat, high air-flow. I really like having the option to choose which setting works best for my hair, and could see it working well for a variety of hair types.



Some of the features of the HanaAir hair dryer include:

  • 2 Fan Speeds
  • 3 Heat Settings
  • Cold Shot
  • Ceramic Heater
  • Infrared Ionic Heat
  • Tourmaline,Titanium Oxide and Silver Infused
  • Concentrator Attachment
  • 2 Year Warranty
More Features and their Functions:
  • Ion Technology- condition hair & reduces static electricity
  • Tourmaline & Titanium Oxide Technology- natural ions promote healthier hair
  • Silver Nanotechnology- for antibacterial Protection
  • Scratch Resistant Shell with black metallico finish adds durability and is easy to clean
  • Long life motor with low noise
  • Gyroscopically balanced for easy handling
  • Fiberglass concentrator
  • Italian Design

Pros: I can honestly say that the HanaAir is an excellent hair dryer. It dried my hair quickly and thoroughly, it was easy to use, and it left my thick, slightly damaged hair feeling silky and smooth. The only time that ever happens is when I get my hair done at the salon. Now I can achieve similar results right at home!

Cons:  The cost. The regular price is $314.99.
Fortunately, the HanaAir is on sale right now, so it can be purchased for $194.99, giving you a discount of 38%. If you don't mind splurging a bit for quality, I highly recommend the HanaAir hair dryer.

A side note: John was kind enough to send a few extras with the dryer, along with a handwritten note. This was unexpected, but very much appreciated. Great attention to detail really sets them apart :)


Clockwise from top: A Misikko sleep mask, L.A. Colors blusher,lilac-scented flowers, a sachet containing a sample of Hana Shine Shield Thermal Protectant,and a heat-proof flat iron mat.

Final thoughts: The HanaAir is the Best Hair Dryer I've ever used. It is durable, attractive, and efficient. I have no complaints about it, aside from the price, but I'm not one to skimp when it comes to quality merchandise. Even the buttons worked well-and that's a rarity for me because I always break hair appliance buttons. This dryer is going to be a welcome addition in my hair care routine.

*this product was provided to me by PR for an honest review


((Hugs))

Ginger-who is always excited to dry my hair now :)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent review. Honestly! I have used Target bought driers most of my life and to find one that works that fast and that low sound would be awesome. Yes, the price is steep - but I get we do get what we pay for. If I was working (or when I am again) I will keep this in mind and try to catch another sale. I could use a GOOD hair drier since mine "blows". lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails