Saturday, April 30, 2011

That's one thing I hate! All the noise, noise, noise, noise!

The title has nothing to do with the content but it matches the picture that's too adorable not to share :)


all credits belong to Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images

Happy Saturday Beautiful People!


I assume you're all as relieved as I am that the royal wedding is over. I've had to live with "royal wedding updates" since November, due to Canada's distinction as a Commonwealth nation. (I bet all my Aussie peeps have been similarly inundated with wedding chat. Fun wasn't it?)

I went from hating, to loving, and then back to hating any news item that referenced the wedding in any way shape or form. Needless to say, I am happy for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and wish them an eternity of love and happiness, but thank God it's over!

I haven't swatched in a while, (lazy!) so this is going to be a post devoted to all of the wonderful things you can expect from this blog next week.

1.I was recently approached by a Misikko to review one of their hair dryers. The prospect of doing PR reviews is a new one for me, I don't know how y'all do it! I'm totally obsessing over doing a fair and balanced review that doesn't sound too gushy. (I love the dryer but how do I say it in a non-gushing way?) Help!

Those of you who have mastered this have my utmost respect.

2.I've slowly been getting into nail stamping again. I'll be wearing a different stamp each day, and (hopefully) taking pictures of the results. Good or bad.

3. I have been hauling like mad. I will be posting everything I've bought, and that will be the end of my hauling. I hope.

4. I've also been kicking around the idea of doing another spam story. I will never take the credit for this genius idea, (All praise belongs squarely on the shoulders of the NB ladies) but I'm looking for ideas/inspiration. If you have any, let me know =)

Other than that, Moody's birthday was this week. Ever the obsessive book nerd, I gave him 'Diary of A Wimpy Kid', and 'Roderick Rules' as gifts. He said he's never been so excited about books in his entire life.

*pats self on back*


Have a wonderful day!

Ginger-who is sending love, prayers and peace to everyone in the Southern U.S. affected by the tornadoes on Thursday <3

8 comments:

  1. You know how to write. Just be honest, tell us what you like, what you might not. Give your overall impression and let us know if you recommend it or not. You will do great. I can't wait to see your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Ginger i heard that the honeymoon begins in Canada so the question is when will the noise truly end? Also i am very happy for Will & Kate. Maybe once she has the first heir no noise will stop....for a while :).. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ice Queen-Thank you so much! ((Hugs))

    @aaminahs mom-I don't think it ever will. Ever since their honeymoon location was announced it's all anyone talks about. (it's only 6 hours away from me by ferry) I do hope they are allowed more privacy than his mother was, especially when she gives birth to an heir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for one loved the wedding and everything else I could watch. I got up at 4AM to see the wedding. I know eventually I'll be sick of it all but I'm not yet. Cheers for you getting Moody books. Happy Birthday to him and Yay that he's excited by them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no interest in the Royal Wedding, I was totally sick of hearing about it, until the day of. I woke up (as I often do) at 4:00am unable to fall asleep. I dragged my ass into the living room and watched the wedding with everyone on Twitter. And I loved watching it on twitter! it was so fun. so for the rest of the day I watched all the biographies that have been complied, I think I know as much about the couple as English public does!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lucy-I was getting ready for work when it started, so I just went about my daily routine and pretended to know what everyone was talking about all day. I have to admit I've been converted to a monarchist now. I think they're both lovely :)

    @jbrobs-I am so with you, sister! I ignored it all day Friday, but a bout with insomnia at 3am on Saturday morning caused me to watch the repeat of the entire ceremony and bawl like a baby when they said their vows.I may also have spent a good portion of the day looking at photos of the wedding, chatting about the ceremony and dresses with my bestie, and watching news highlights of it on tv. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Pink Ginger - I guess we are all girly girls next door!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails