Thursday, April 7, 2011

Green Nails,Work, and A Show About Models

DISCLAIMER: THIS WILL BE A REALLY LONG RAMBLING POST COMPRISED OF SUBJECT MATTER THAT IS ONLY INTERESTING TO ME. PLEASE SCROLL (WAY) DOWN TO SEE MY PRETTY GREEN NOTD. THANKS FOR VISITING AND HAVE A NICE DAY :)


 
also if you watch ANTM, consider this your spoiler alert.
 
zwani.com myspace graphic comments
 
 
A few nights ago I was watching the latest cycle of America's Next Top Model. I'm a huge fan of the show because a) Andre Leon Talley is amazing, and b) because I like to watch girls argue over stupid things.
 
Anyway, Wednesday's episode had the girls modeling under the theme 'Warriors In Pink' for a Ford  ad
campaign. Each girl did their "modelly"thing, and shoot photographer Nigel Barker chose a winner.
 
The person who won the amazing prize just so happened to be Alexandria (love the name!), the girl who everyone else hates. With an all-consuming passion.
 
(Seriously. All they do is talk about how much they hate her.)
 
While Alexandria was waiting for her second shoot to begin, one of the girls starts to run her mouth off (LOUDLY) about how Alexandria didn't deserve to win, how she was much "uglier" than everyone else, and she called her "fake", Which is girl-code for, "You're evil beeatch!"
 
Alexandria overheard her and calmly defended herself, while Brittani (i think...) had a spectacular, profanity-laden freak-out--at Alexandria's expense. And she did it in front of EVERYONE! Including the client and photographer/panel judge, Nigel.
 
Now that's where you went wrong, Sister.
 
I only have what I've watched to base my opinions on, but for the most part, the only thing Alexandria can be accused of is being bossy, a bit abrasive, and really, really confident.
I've never seen her be intentionally malicious, and she only seems to attack when provoked. Well, dang-near everyone attacks when they're provoked, it's called a 'defense mechanism' for a reason!
 
It's one thing to think," I can't stand that (insert expletive here)", in private, but you don't say it in a professional setting. Period.
 
 There are a few people at my job that I don't care for. One of them I actually overheard talking smack about me, but cussing her out right then and there would have made me look petty, immature, and unprofessional. (That's her gig, not mine.)
 
I didn't confront my coworker after the fact because, a) I am not 12, and it would have reflected badly on me, b) I was too busy doing what I actually get paid for, and c) I sound unnecessarily harsh during confrontations and she's a "crier".
 
 All of her gossipy whining just makes me look better in comparison. Hey, as long as she wants to do it, I'll allow it. After all, what she says will affect her more than it will ever affect me :)
 
What on earth happened to manners and civility in the workplace? I know models aren't necessarily held to the same standards as other people, but really, be a pro for a minute!
If you really want to cuss her out, do it at home!
 
 
I don't want to reveal what happened at the end of ANTM, but I will say that if Alexandria wins, she'll have all those girls who hated on her to thank for making her look so fantastic.
 
 
And now for the NOTD:
 
Eyeko Military Polish
 
A beautiful, brave, army,olive, green. This is so pretty and shiny! I love Eyeko nail polish because they always have interesting themes. The colours are fabulous as well. Perfect for fighting off errant coworkers with my superior skills, positive attitude, and sharp-tongue. Now that's "winning".
 
2 coats but I should have used 3 because I see a bald spot :-/


I can't believe I just typed that.


Have an awesome evening ladies!

Ginger-who is now the proud owner of RBL Insouciant and Iconoclast. That crashing sound? My no-buy coming to a quick end.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Yum YUM to that olive green, it's drool-worthy!
    2. ANTM: I LOVE that show, I haven't watched this cycle because I've been so busy with work, but you know that kind of outburst is really frowned upon, especially in front of the client. I can only imagine the judges' reaction to that. Totally agree with your opinions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color is amazing on you! I haven't watched ANTM in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite shade of green. Looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails