Friday, April 15, 2011

China Glaze Towel Boy Toy

Hello Beautiful People!

Aren't you glad it's Friday?
I am!

 My no-buy came to a screeching halt last week, and I've been on a tear ever since. I purchased a few oldies that had been on my wish-list for years, as well as several new colours that I really wanted. One thing has changed since my 'nail polish hiatus': I don't *need* nearly as much as I used to. I thought I'd  be going crazy and buying every single collection that I missed, but I don't want to. I only buy the colours I  really like now. 

I came to this conclusion when I saw exactly how many colours I've purchased and never worn. Once. It was kind of nuts for me to say, "I need the entire collection!" when I had several other full collections collecting (ha.) dust in my Rubbermaid drawers. I found a lot of colours that I hadn't given much face-time until I was forced to.

Which brings me to today's swatch.
Towel Boy Toy is a neon blue from China Glaze's Poolside Collection.
Like most neons it dries matte, but it has shimmers that give it a satiny finish. I had only worn this once last summer, and then it was banished to the blue/green drawer and forgotten. I am so glad I found it again! The picture is not exactly 'true to life', but this is one gorgeous blue!

3 coats indoors no flash

Formula on this was nice. Not to thin, not too thick. China Glaze always rocks the summer and fall collections, so I think I'll pick up their latest one.

Happy Friday All!

Ginger-who is saying "Forget summer,I'm still looking forward to spring!"

4 comments:

  1. This was one of my favorite neon collections, and this one is a beauty! Looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty blue. I have so many polishes that I haven't worn. Probably 95% of them. I should change my polish every day! I'm trying not to buy unless I really don't have anything like it in my collection. I get them and still find something like another polish. If I don't read blogs then I don't get tempted. I don't want to do that either. I'm so confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing on you! I'm always nervous with brights on my skin because sometimes I feel they look garish, but not this one! Is it still around?

    Regarding no-buys, I gave up buying any cosmetics AND reading blogs (you're right Lucy, it helps ward off temptation) for Lent, and it was horrible! And I did the same as you, went on a complete tear and bought anything I could get my hands on. Oops! I wonder if no-buys are really a good thing in the end...I certainly didn't save any money! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails