Monday, March 28, 2011

New York Summer Poppies

Hello Beautiful People!

I was originally going to post this later in the week, but for some reason blogger has been eating photos so I'd better post these now before they get eaten again. (Wow, that was a clunky sentence.) Today's mani is New York Summer in Poppies.

I have never seen magenta poppies. I've seen red,orange, and yellow poppies. My aunt once planted pink poppies that she later found out were opium and had to destroy so she wouldn't get arrested.

I don't think this name is appropriate.

However, the polish is a velvety-looking magenta shimmer, so I love it anyway. Magenta is one of my favourite hues because it combines two of my favourite colours, purple and pink. The pictures of Poppies is a little deceiving, it's pinker and brighter in person and it has pinkish gold shimmer that doesn't show well on the nail. Still, Poppies is a beauty, and one of two New York Summer colours I own. (Amaranth is the other.)

The wear of this polish is decent. (Oh who am I kidding? I don't keep polish on long enough to test the wear!)  The formula is thin and runny, but not bad overall. I only used two coats, but the few bald spots I see are proof that a third is necessary for optimum coverage.

Take a look!

indoors no flash

(closest to what it looks like in real life)


indoors with flash
(looks more purple)



indoors indirect sunlight

(kind of in-between the previous two pictures)




I'm surprised this stayed on my untrieds pile as long as it did. I usually wear these types of colours right away, but for some reason I've been into green and blue all winter. Thank God for Spring!


Have a great day ladies!

Ginger-who is miffed that I lost yet another pair of sunglasses >:(

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful purple! I've never seen poppies this shade either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails