Friday, March 18, 2011

My Thank God It's Friday Mani

It's been a while since I've done one of these. Like most gainfully employed people, I love Fridays. I love waking up in the morning,I love taking a shower and getting dressed and I love making my coffee and breakfast. Why? Because I know that each passing minute will get me to the end of the day. I won't have to see or touch work until Monday. Thank God.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job, I just don't like some of the people I work with. So instead of focusing on their inane banter,juvenile arguments and self-absorbed whining, I paint my nails pretty colours and stare at them all day. Oh, and I get some work done too :P

I wore this mani for 3 days last week. I wanted it to look vampy and fish-scale-like, so I used 2 coats of OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees under one coat of Nfu Oh #52 (the opalescent,duochrome, blue, green, and purple flakie) It's much prettier than this in person but I only have artificial light to work with so it isn't as interesting.



So yeah,anything to keep myself distracted. I also employ the,"I'm-listening-to-my-ipod-and-can't-hear-you",method and the "I'm-just-going-to-ignore-you-so-go-away" tactic. I highly recommend them ;)

Have a great day!

Ginger-who loves some of her coworkers as well. Thank goodness they're not all duds.

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. When I worked I used to leave in my headphones and pretend I couldn't hear. I used to listen to books on tape. Sometimes it just wouldn't work and someone would pull out my earphones. Rude bastards! Sitting in a large case sorting mail was tough. Not the work, the people! Each case was right next to the other. Some days it was tortuous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails