Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Random Playlist:More Covers I Like

Hello All!
How has your week been going so far? The only good thing I have to say about mine is that it'll be over soon. Work has been insanely busy with no signs of letting up.

Oh well, at least I have my nail polish and my music to keep me calm :)

Todays playlist is another list of covers that I really like. They are songs I already love as done by their original artists, but these folks have done a pretty great job of making the songs their own without deviating too far from the source. I love that :)



1.Say Say Say-Rose Cousins,Laura Cortese,Anne Heaton and Rose Polenza Originally by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson,this version is less slick, more folksy yet still fabulous. As a side-note they're all  local gals =)

2.Just The Way You Are-AHMIR Original artist:Bruno Mars.My cousin sent me a link to these guys and I have one question,Why don't they have a record deal yet?

3.Teenage Dream-Glee version Original Artist:Katy Perry. Ok I admit, I am a total "Gleek". I love it when cute guys sing, especially when they're sharply dressed.

4.Black and Gold-Adele Original Artist:Sam Sparro. I love her voice and I love this song add the two of them together and it's perfect.

5.Creep-Damien Rice Original Artist:Radiohead. I don't really have a favourite band, but Radiohead is definitely in my top ten.

6.Hallelujah-Jeff Buckley Original Artist:Leonard Cohen. I like Leonard Cohen's version, (he did write thee song after all), but I love this one!

7.Careless Whisper-Kylie Minogue Original Artist:Wham. I've mentioned my hopeless devotion to this song in other posts, and I've heard several (crap) covers of it, but Kylie's is the best.

8.Perfect Day-Duran Duran Original Artist:Lou Reed. Whenever I hear Lou Reed's name I think of the 'That 70s Show' episode in which Hyde decides to move to New York City because of a girl.
Forman tries to dissuade him by saying,"Do you know how many cool guys there are in New York? There's like...Lou Reed,man!" So yeah, a song written by the coolest guy in NYC, performed by the coolest pop band from the 80s.

9.It's My Life-No Doubt Original Artist:Talk Talk. I have to admit, I didn't really like this version at first. I had to grow on me because I liked the original a lot better.

10.Love Song-311Original Artist: The Cure. Oh, how I love The Cure! Robert Smith in his smeared make-up is oddly adorable. Love Song is one of my favourite songs ever, and 311 does a pretty, "ska-ish" revamp. It's not a patch on the original, but it's pretty good :)


I will probably have more nails for you at the end of the week :) Have a great evening!

Ginger-who is wondering where the time went?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this post. I really like Damien's Hallelujah too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails