Thursday, December 2, 2010

NOTD:Nicole By OPI Midnight Madness

I'm not liking the name of this one because it immediately conjures up visions of insane, impatient, entitled shoppers making ridiculous demands, screaming at me for no reason, and spreading all kinds of Christmas jeer, simply because our store decided to remain open until midnight. Bah. Humbug.

Fortunately, I no longer have to work Midnight Madness but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy this gorgeous blackened blue glass fleck. I know a lot of you can't get past the ugliness of the Nicole by OPI bottles, but please try, you're missing out on some great colours. Midnight Madness is in the same wheelhouse as China Glaze Blk Bila Bong and Jessica Casablanca. It has a black jelly base with blue glass-fleck-y shimmer throughout.
The consistency of the polish is kind of thin, but it isn't uncontrollably so. I used 2 coats  but I could have done a third just to add more depth. It's truly a beautiful colour.



indoors no flash under lamp

indoors with flash

Blue has always been one of my go-to colours. If I'm buying nail polish, you can pretty much bet on me purchasing any shade of red, blue, green, purple, pink, or black. I love how different shades of blue invoke different moods. I'm calling this one mysterious.

What do you all think?

Happy Thursday!

Ginger-who only has 2 hauls left to arrive. No new nail polish for me :(

4 comments:

  1. i actually like nicole by opi bottles. they're unique lol. that color is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll ever get tired of blackened blues, seriously I own like 10..this is awesome!!!

    But I agree, the bottle is odd and doesn't "hold" very well in the hand for photos :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Got to add it to the list. I don't mind the Nicole bottles. They just remind me of the body of a duck. Really looks lovely on you. Wouldn't want to work in retail at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails