Tuesday, December 21, 2010

List Of the Week:Christmas Songs-Bah Humbug Edition

I was thinking of doing a list of Christmas songs I really love,but that could get kind of boring.Most of my "best-loved " Christmas songs are churchy and religious.On the other hand, the list of Christmas songs I hate are mostly horrible versions of trite,holiday fare.And because I believe in sharing, I didn't want to suffer alone.

Enjoy if you can =)

1.Jingle Bells-Barbra Streisand This is jingle bells on speed. Easily the worst version of this song I've ever heard.Including the one by Jingle Cats.

2.Santa Baby-Madonna Not cute.

3.Elf's Lament-Barenaked Ladies I get the idea,but when you've heard it over 1000 times since it's been released it kind of makes you hate it.

4.Mele Kalikimaka-Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters Just a cruel reminder that I'm not in Hawaii. Thanks for that.

5.8 Days of Christmas-Destiny's Child-A lovely nod to shallow materialism.Just what Christmas is all about.

6.Sleigh Ride-Amy Grant I hate this song. The end.

7.I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus-This song is  just super-creepy.

8.Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer-Dr Elmo. Awful.Just Awful.


Don't worry,I'm going to be posting a list of Christmas songs I do love simply to erase the memory of these ones. Happy Tuesday All!

Ginger-who is almost ready for Christmas! Now all I need is a volunteer to wrap all of my presents for me :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails