Friday, September 10, 2010

List Of the Week:Songs With Awesome Videos

Hello All!

It's List of The Week Time!

I know I could be all obvious and include Thriller,or Video Killed The Radio Star, or Vogue.Instead I'm going to feaure videos that are slightly more obscure.Because I'm weird like that :)


1.Rabbit in Your Headlights-Unkle The first time I saw this video my first thought was,"What the...?" It is by far,one of the best videos I have ever seen...and one of the strangest.

2.Perfect Drug-NIN This video (directed by Mark Romanek-who is awesome-btw!) is visually stunning.Every frame looks like a gothic painting (and is that absinthe he's drinking? Classic.) It also doesn't hurt that Trent looks like Severus Snape for most of it.I love Severus Snape!

3.Black Hole Sun-Soundgarden-One of the creepiest videos I've ever seen.(It's those freaky doll eyes!) I love it though.

4.Visages Tristes-VAI -I really hate videos that make me cry.This video contains archival news footage from the war in the Middle East (I believe it's the ongoing battle between Palestine and Israel-but I'm not sure) Needless to say,I was a bawling mess before the video even ended.It's a great video,but it does contain disturbing images of war.

5.Clap Your Hands-Sia-Sia is amazing.This video is whimsical,cute and fun.

6.Joga-Bjork-My favourite tiny eccentric singer aside from Prince.This video showcases the cool Icelandic landscape and Bjork's hauntingly beautiful voice.

7.Galvanize-The Chemical Brothers Two words:Krump Clowns.

8.Island in The Sun-Weezer-I love this video because,well...it has kittens! and puppies! and a giraffe! It's happy and funny and cute.(And a welcome change from some of the more depressing vids on this list) Spike Jonze for the win!

9.Get UR Freak on-Missy Elliot-I remember how everyone LOVED this song when it first came out.Missy has an entire catalogue of crazy,innovative and interesting videos.I chose this one because of the fantastic choreography.

10.B.Y.O.B.-System Of A Down-I love this song because the hook wouldn't be out of place in a fun R&B song.But then you realize that the song is a serious anti-war statement. No shock that it was written during the Dubya Bush era.

11.Cochise-Audioslave-More Chris Cornell! This time in the super-band,Audioslave (featuring 3/4 of Rage Against the Machine and 1/4 of Soundgarden) I have one thing to say about this video: MORE FIREWORKS!!!!

12.True Romance-She Wants Revenge-Love the song.The video is strange,but good.

Can you think of any songs with great or memorable videos? Let me know in the comments!

Ginger-who is thankful it is Friday.It's supposed to be sunny,and I have some swatching to do!

2 comments:

  1. Black Hole Sun came out when I was pretty young and that video seriously = nightmares.

    I love that you mention Sia, her videos are always really simple but sweet. Her video for Soon We'll Be Found is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blind Melon, No Rain...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmVn6b7DdpA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails