Thursday, September 23, 2010

List Of The Week:Halloween Songs

I know,I know, I'm a month early.What can I say? I love October! This week's list is comprised of my favourite Halloween-themed songs/videos.Some of them aren't technically "Halloween", but they're frightening enough to be considered.
In no particular order they are:


1.Thriller-Michael Jackson-Well,Duh.

2.Tear You Apart-She Wants Revenge-Both the video and the lyrics of this song are passionate and fierce...and a little frightening.

3.Somebody's Watching Me-Rockwell-Paranoid much?

4.Everybody(Backstreet's Back)-Backstreet Boys-Shut Up.I'm only including this video because I liked Antonio Fargas as Huggy Bear.

5.Clock Strikes-Timbaland and Magoo-Included because of it's obvious sampling of the Knight Rider theme and it's lifting of  select scenes from the movie From Dusk Til Dawn.

6.I Put A Spell On You-Screamin' Jay Hawkins-When I was a kid I cried whenever I heard this song.

7.Tubular Bells-Mike Oldfield-I can't even listen to this song in its entirety thanks to The Exorcist. *shudders*

8.More Human Than Human-White Zombie (Rob Zombie)The only zombies I wouldn't kill on sight.Love it!

9.Nightmare On my Street-DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince-I miss 80s novelty rap.These two did it best.(I also loved  'Then She Bit Me')

10.Mouth-Bush-Not scary,but was featured in the movie An American Werewolf in Paris (don't watch it 'cause it's laaame!) This video on the other hand,has Gavin.And Gavin is awesome.

11.Twisted Nerve-Bernard Herrmann-Because Elle Driver is the scariest nurse since Nurse Ratched and this reminds me of her.

12.Ghostbusters-Ray Parker Jr.-Who ya gonna call?

13.The Munsters Theme Song-Herman Munster is one of my favourite TV dads ever.Just thought I'd throw that in there :P

I lifted some of the songs on this list from Niki's awesome Halloween playlist.I'll post an expanded version of the 31st of October,so I'm open to any suggestions.What are your favourites?

Have a great day!

Ginger-who is not sure if I'm going to dress up this year.I'll just whine and pout and tell people that I'm going as my inner child.

4 comments:

  1. 4, 5, 9 and 12 have me rolling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! There are a bunch of good ones on there. I LOVE Bush, thanks for the reference point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lady i tagged u in an award:
    http://pinknailblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/follow-friday-frazzle-and-aniploish.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic list there! I also like a real oldie called the Monster Mash by Bobby "Boris" Picket.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails