Sunday, August 8, 2010

China Glaze Vintage Vixen Part IV

Hello All!
I hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday. I haven't done much of anything today,but after the week I've had I figure I'm due for a little rest and relaxation.
Today I'm bringing you the last set of Hotsy Totsy swatches which,to be honest, I wasn't impressed with at first. Sure they're all pretty,but nothing special.

BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!


Foxy

maroon with red and gold shimmer.


Drool..... This colour is quintessentially fall! It's rich and glowy and beautiful.I'm biased because I love red-brown polishes,but seriously, this is stunning.

3 coats



 
Swing Baby
champagne-taupe foil
I didn't expect to like this one either.I love foils,but I'm not usually drawn to this colour.However,the sparkle in this one is enough to gain my seal of approval.Simply gorgeous.

3 coats


Ingrid
Brown-taupe with gold shimmer

This is my favourite! It's one of the loveliest neutrals I've ever seen. Ingrid is surprisingly complex.In sunlight it looks like a straight-up light brown shimmer,but in the shade it looks mauve.It is amazing!!! This is totally out of character for me.I like neutrals,but I don't always find ones that I love. I love Ingrid!

3 coats

China Glaze has done it again! This collection is truly something to be proud of.I love the theme and each colour perfectly captures the tones and the mood of Fall. It only took 2 or 3 coats to reach opacity,I had no issues with the formula and the dry time was excellent. I can't say anything bad about any of these. I've tried, but the only thing I could come up with is, 'I don't usually wear colours like Swing Baby'. That's it.
My favourite set is still Cat's Meow because I'm always drawn more to jewel tones rather than neutrals,but the offerings of the Hotsy Totsy set are just as gorgeous.

 Incidentally,my Nan still uses the adjective "hotsy-totsy" on a regular basis.From what I can discern it means,"great" or "perfect"  because she only uses it when you ask how she's doing,( i.e. "How are you Nan?", "Oh,I'm just hotsy-totsy.")

 My Nan is such a hep cat :)

Do any of you have this collection yet? Which are your favourites?


Have an awesome day!
Ginger-who begins her vacay in 5 days.All I have to do is get through the week without kicking somebody in the shins with my steel-toed combat boots.Wish me luck! (or pray if you're into that type of thing )

3 comments:

  1. Y'know, I didn't know I was going to love these as much as I did, they surprised me. Ingrid is stunning on you! But then, so is Foxy and Swing Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous! I'm ordering the whole collection. I'll be visiting TransDesign soon!I really love Foxy and Ingrid on you. Very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foxy was one of my must-haves from this collex, along with Classic Camel. Then I saw pics of Ingrid and was like, gotta go back to Sally's... Thanks for your swatches, you make them look GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails