Friday, August 6, 2010

China Glaze Vintage Vixen Collection Part III

Hello Everyone!
TGIF!!!! I have a vacation in less than a week and I cannot wait! Work has been ridiculously busy so I'm definitely due for a break.I've been going to bed so early my Nana would be ashamed.

Anyway,

I finally got to swatch half of Vintage Vixen's Hotsy Totsy set!

Check them out!

Bogie
Purple vampy shimmer.
I love Humphrey Bogart,so it's only appropriate that one of the coolest colours in this collection is named for him. It is so "me"! I love the multi-coloured shimmer.It makes a colour that would be flat otherwise completely stand out.
2 coats


Hey Doll
Rosy pink metallic.

I love the name of this one too :) I'm a stockroom supervisor so I spend a good part of my work day signing for deliveries and chatting with truckers. In all the years I've been at my job I have never been referred to by name.It's always "Hey Doll!" (or cutie or sweetie or some other affectionate term) I'm not uptight about it because it's a generational thing.It was OK for men to call a girl honey or doll face back then. Nowadays it's considered un-PC and derogatory.Whatever, as long as they don't call me nasty names,I'm good. Anyway, Hey Doll  is an unexpected love. I fully expected it to be ho-hum and "mom-ish" and it totally surprised me.It's sparkly,feminine and sophisticated...and pink!

2 coats
this picture is closer to the actual colour



Jitterbug
Charcoal-grey foil.

This is my hands-down favourite!
I usually prefer gold to silver,but Jitterbug is so blindingly shimmery that I have no choice but to love it!
The colour reminds me of the graphite sticks I use when I'm drawing,but there's some holo-looking shimmer going on as well. And that makes it awesome.

3 coats

As I've said before,Cat's Meow is my favourite set.However,the pretty neutrals and foils of Hotsy Totsy are giving CM some serious competition. I'll make my  final decision when I post part IIII.

Have a wonderful evening!

Ginger-who has just received her Bundle Monster plates.I can't wait to play with them!

5 comments:

  1. The more I see Jitterbug, the more I am loving it. Thank you for these swatches :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Hey Doll and Bogie also. I may try them out this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be-u-t-ful!!!! Awesome swatching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this whole collection. I missed this one. Is this brand new? Still hope it's around. Love those shades. I don't know what it is but the older you get you start calling everyone doll, sweetie, etc. I always thought it was strange. Now I do it! I think from hearing it on some TV shows I just picked it up. Better than being referred to as bitches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is so offensive about doll, honey, or sweetie. Really. So I guess I'm of the generation that isn't so uptight about it? :)
    Hey Doll surprised the HECK out of me. I did not expect to like it and I love it. I'm not into mauves but it's beautiful!
    Of the whole collection my two favorites were Midnight Mission and Jitterbug. Jitterbug looks AMAZING on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails