Monday, July 12, 2010

Old School:China Glaze Dusk

Hello all!
Instead of jumping on the Paradoxal bandwagon (it's too rich for my blood!) I thought I'd revisit a colour that is in the same family,but very different. Dusk is one of China Glaze's older colours.I have no idea exactly how old it is, but from what I hear it's still somewhat accessible. The name is appropriate given the colour; a dusky mauve,with pink shimmer. It is definitely not greyish-taupe leaning like Paradoxal, but it's pretty enough to kill my lemming...for now.


 Pics!

 indoors indirect sunlight,3 coats



I like this colour a lot. It's muted,so I'd consider it a good one to wear to work. In my entire life of nail polish collecting,I have only ever owned one Chanel. I was 15 and I begged my mother to buy me Rouge Noir (a.k.a. 'Vamp'). She obliged, even though she thought that spending $27 CDN on a single bottle of nail polish was ridiculous. I used it until it was almost gone and then chucked it during my great lacquer purge of 1998.Mind you, this was before I knew about nail polish thinner and the damaging effects of nail polish on the environment. Oh, the blissful ignorance of youth!

Happy Monday!

Ginger-who is actually looking forward to going to work today. The humidity is having an odd effect on my brain.

10 comments:

  1. love ur posts :) very neat painter unlike me :/
    Jamie
    squovalicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I have both and have to compare them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a very nice color, and I can't imagine spending Chanel prices on a bottle of lacquer either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw your first pic I actually did think it was the infamous Paradoxal. Nice non-dupe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. noooooooo!!!!
    i bit the bullet and bought paradoxal two days ago(my first chanel by the way) because i thought there was no dupe or near dupe out there. if i had this it definetely would have killed my lemming : (

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't find Paradoxal interesting enough to be lemming it that badly. The Lippmann glitters, yes. This, yes. I want this! I'll have to hunt it up I know it will be cheaper and I think it may be prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a gorgeous swatch!
    You made me pick up my iphone and check if I have it in my stash, it turns out I do. Thanks, you just made me a happy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to check and see if I have this one. I pray I do! It's a divine shade and looks fantastic on you. I've never owned a Chanel and still hesitate to buy one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails