Friday, July 23, 2010

NOTD:China Glaze It's Poppin'

Pink has always been my favourite colour.It's often written off as "girly", or "saccharine", but it hasn't always been that way.In the years before WWI, pink was actually worn by boys.It was seen as a lighter shade of the decidedly more aggressive red and was the "it" colour for fashionable young men of that era. Eventually,light blue became the colour for boys, and pink was relegated to "girl" status.Not that I mind. I love pink because it can create totally different moods depending on the shade.A light pastel pink could signify innocence,while a hot fuchsia just screams "sassy!". Neon pink says,"I'm cute and fun", while dusty rose says "I'm mature and elegant." I love pink in all its incarnations.(Except frost.I hate frost!)


I chose to wear China Glaze It's Poppin' for the exact reason I described. It is definitely a hot fuchsia! I love the fact that it's shimmery without being too "in your face" about it.Don't get me wrong,I love a good in-your-face colour, but this one manages to be both vibrant and subtle.The formula on this is perfection. I did three coats but could have done two...if not for my sloppiness.

indoors indirect sunlight



indoors ambient light source


It's Poppin' was released as a part of China Glaze's Kicks collection and is still readily available.

In other news,I trimmed my nails again, so in the next posts you'll see I have slightly shorter nails.The biggest news is that I'll be going on vacation in a few days and won't be around for a while. I have some posts scheduled,but I won't be around to moderate comments or do anything else until late next week.I'll miss you guys!

(((HUGS)))
Ginger-who doesn't know what I'll do without the internet :(

P.S. I really need something to do with all the useless information in my head. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. useless? What?! Just keep pouring it out on your blog, that was a great history of the color pink! I adore pink and agree with all that you said, and yes, this is a sassy color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pink too. The way you described all the moods was awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea about the background of pink. Thanks for the information. Love that shade on you. Very pretty. I also like your descriptions of the different moods of pink. Have a wonderful time on your vacation. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need this polish for the name alone, lol........ its interesting how we associate colors with masculinity and femininity.

    have a great vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails