Thursday, July 8, 2010

L.A. Girl Metal Alkaline Blue

I think I've found my new "I-don't-have-much-time-to-paint-my-nails-so-I-need-something-quick!" lacquer. The new foils from L.A. Girl are perfect for this. How do I know this? Because I did this mani while waiting for a new muffler at an auto-body shop.Granted,I was there for almost two hours, but it dried completely in less than 30 minutes. That's almost as good as an Insta-Dri!

The colour itself is a highly pigmented foil.  It is sooo gorgeous! I think the name is  in reference to the shade of blue that appears on litmus strips when alkaline is present. I'm not 100% sure though.Science was one of my worst subjects :P


indoors, indirect sunlight 2 coats

I purchased a few more of these,but whether or not I swatch them will depend on which polish I grab from my untrieds box. 'Cause that's exactly how I'm choosing now :)

Have a great day!

Ginger-who has spent the last hour watching old episodes of sports center. Man,I miss hockey :(

6 comments:

  1. You have good application skills didn't need to do a cleanup at the auto body shop or did you take a kit with you. lol! It's beautiful on you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lacquer is darling. I lurve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks amazing!! I'm slowly starting to go back into liking metallic nail polishes & summer is not even halfway over... I've been in search of the perfect metallic silver though... any ideas what brand has a good one??

    ReplyDelete
  4. rmcandlelight-Thank you! It has taken me years to master the art of painting on the go.I didn't have room in my purse for a kit-any clean up was done by my thumbs :)

    Kimberly-It would look so good on you :)

    AnNeTtEe-Thank you :) Foils are awesome! I think Zoya Trixie is a really pretty one,as well as Orly Shine-those are the first two I could come up with off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Foils are becoming my favorite polishes lately. They are so easy to apply and look so gorgeous. Love this shade. I think I'll have to go visit the L.A. Girl website. Love that shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, you did this mani at the auto shop and it still looks amazing! It is a nice color too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails