Saturday, June 12, 2010

L.A. Girl Obsidian

This beauty is L.A. Girls Obsidian. First of all, I love the name! Obsidian is one of my favourite words because it just rolls off the tongue. It's just so...mellifluous. (And I'm a word nerd. Sue me.)
This is colour is part of L.A. Girls latest collection of metallic foils.It's quite a departure from basic black because of the amazing shimmer.Its appearance and texture reminds me of a record. I noticed the same multi-coloured shimmer particles in vinyl LPs as I did in this polish,so it gets bonus points for making me a little nostalgic for the old days :)

two coats indoors no flash


two coats indoors with flash

I really like this colour! It reached opacity in 2 coats,but a steady hand can get it done with 1.I really like the formula,and it dries so quick that I can have both hands done and functional in 30 minutes.I know because I recently did a mani on my lunch break. (you'd do it too if you had the chance :P)
 I'll be showing you the other colours I bought from this collection throughout the week.They are all available to be purchased here.



And for your listening pleasure.... (or not depending on your taste)

Bush!

Just because I felt like it :P



Ginger-who has high school flashbacks whenever I listen to this song...Ah,youth!

2 comments:

  1. i like your playlist gil-scott heron wow , nice i used to have some earrings in obsidian stone and they were black i lost track of them having babies, moving from apt into my own home,life etc the nail polish brought that great time in my life back.........just the mention of the name BLACK OBSIDIAN. ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new collection? I'll have to go visit and take a look at what's available. Love this shade.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails