Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Purple That I Didn't Want...Until I Saw It On Someone Else

Confession: I didn't want anything to do with Nubar Purple Rain Glitter until I saw it on MeganChair .

I was on a no-buy at the time,and I believe my exact comment was "Awesome! I have four out of the five you've swatched . I'm on a no-buy,but I think I may have to break down and buy Purple Rain." Clearly, I have some issues with discipline. Anyway, since Nubar doesn't deliver to my address, I checked ebay to see if my go to seller had it in stock. Apparently I wasn't the only one who read that post,Purple Rain Glitter was sold out. I had to wait another 3 months before I got my hands on it,and man, am I happy I did!  I love deep purple! (the colour,not the band)
and when you add holographic glitter to the equation,the result is pure gorgeousness!


2 coats,but I see some streaks so 3 would have been better.

If you are the least bit squeamish about scabs,don't enlarge.I have a nasty one under the cuticle on my ring finger. It's just proof that I have a life outside of blogging ;)


outdoors no flash



I love everything about Nubar.The formula,the bottles,the brushes...and the list goes on.What I do not love about Nubar? They don't ship here. I kind of understand,most companies use couriers and my mail is sent to a PO box...and the post office. *shudders*
Still,I can't help but feel a little envious whenever I hear someone talk about ordering from VNS,or Zoya, because none of them ship here :(

OK, Enough pity-partying,how hot is this colour?

Ginger-who will STOP reading blogs when I go on my next no-buy.You all are bad for me! (it's a good thing Revenue Canada was nice to me this year)

7 comments:

  1. Isn't that the way it always goes with looking at swatches!! I love this color on you!! Great mani!!

    www.levernischocolat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so the Queen of Purple.

    And I'm with you - I've never met a Nubar I didn't love. But they're hard to get here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome on you!!! Now I am lemming it :) lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one, and I can not wait to try it, so pretty! Now that I see it on you, maybe I'll try it next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is in my untrieds, I will definitely be pulling this baby out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want all of that glitter collection. There was a 20% off for Mother's Day. I forgot (hangs head and sobs). Next time there's a sale these are mine. Gorgeous deep purple. Looks wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails