Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Purple That Freaked Out My Camera

My camera does not know what to do with Nubar Violet Sparkle! This is the best shot out of a gazillion photographs (believe it or not,I was a photography major in art college...clearly,my skills aren't meant for the digital age.) At least 60% of the time I have to talk myself into posting photos because I hate every one I take *grumble*digital camera*grumble* . So here it is,one blurry,not-even-close-to-being-colour-accurate swatch.



The colour itself is a thing of beauty. An (elusive) deep purple glitter with a clear base.I'm a total glitter-phile,but even I was getting sick of all of the light purples I've seen.
 I want dark pigmented glitter goshdarnit! 
  Thankfully, Nubar delivered :)
This swatch is three coats with 1 coat of Nubar Diamont. Like I said before, it doesn't look this way in real life. It isn't nearly as blue-toned,or as blurry (haha) but it is still amazingly awesome. I bought this from ebay,but Nubar is also available to order here.

Do you like this colour as much as I do?

Happy Hump Day! (gosh,that sounds so inappropriate!)

Ginger-who is still raving about the awesomeness that is Glee.
I love that show.

5 comments:

  1. You are rocking that purple glitter...looks great on you :)

    nailsbeautiqued.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's gorgeous looking anyway. Even if you feel the photo isn't up to par. It looks stunning to me. My digital camera likes to freak out too. When it comes to glittery polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta get some sparkles this looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore glittery polishes. I want to buy the whole collection with this in it. Your photo looks pretty amazing to me. Very pretty polish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great in the pics, I can imagine how amazing it is IRL. :) My swatches of Petunia Sparkle turned out terrible too, it's so frustrating not to be able to capture that glittering fabulousness (is that a word?!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails