Thursday, April 1, 2010

NYX Girls Royal Purple and The Official End of My No Buy

Hello Everyone!

My no-buy officially ends today!!!! *angels singing* To celebrate I've already placed a few orders,and acquired some new pretties at Wal-Mart (a store I refuse to set foot in unless it's to buy nailpolish.) I am so proud of myself for actually sticking to it for 3 whole months.
Which is why any future no-buys will be much shorter :)
I bought NYX Girls Royal Purple just before my no-buy started. To my surprise the swatch on the website looked very similar to how it looks in real life. It's a blue-toned purple shimmer that is similar OPI Ink (one of my all-time favourites),but more purple. I'm not trying to be bossy, (who am I kidding? I'm always trying to be bossy!) but if you love purple as much as I do, YOU NEED THIS COLOUR!







                                                   in indirect sunlight


indoors with flash

blurry

For a lower-cost brand (under $5),NYX Girls is pretty decent. The formula is good,not RBL excellent,but not terrible either.The dry time is great too (I'm impatient though,so I never wait for polish to dry completely before I start doing things) Well done NYX!

I was tempted to do some type of April Fool's Day prank,but it's almost 9pm where I live and I think the cut-off time for pranking is 12pm. Plus,I have no sense of humour when it comes to pranks.I hated watching Candid Camera because I always felt sorry for the poor sucker who was being duped.And Punk'd? Please. Even the humiliation of self-reverential celebrities wasn't enough to get me to watch. I do however,love satire. In my world,Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are kings! I love the idea of using humour to address serious issues. I do not love pranks. (unless they're cute :P)


Have a great evening!
Ginger-who will be post-spamming you tomorrow.Be prepared.

3 comments:

  1. Wow you have some amazing willpower! You earned a haul or 3 lol. This is a pretty color on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color, it's gorgeous!
    I'm not fond of pranks either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a prankster either. They always seem to be mean to me. Gorgeous purple. I have plenty of this brand and love it. I hope I have this one. I'm too lazy to get my book out of the drawer to check. Your nails look fabulous as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails