Monday, March 22, 2010

NOTD:Jessica Venus Was Her Name

Hello All!

Did everyone have a good weekend?
Mine was pretty decent. I spent the majority of it relaxing and watching movies.I finally watched The Proposal (which is good,seeing as how my bestie Li lent it to me 2 months ago.) I don't know why I bother with romantic comedies.I know for a fact I don't like them.Still, I always watch them in hopes that I'll see something other than the same old recycled plot lines (ha!). Alas, even the awesomeness of Ryan Reynolds,Sandra Bullock and Betty White couldn't save this movie from being a typical, paint-by-numbers Rom-Com. Blechh! On the upside, it did make me laugh (not as much as The Hangover,mind you,but it had its moments.) I should probably stick to what works for me;obscure films with subtitles, action films with lots of violence,and period films about emotionally repressed British people.


Today's NOTD is Venus Was Her Name by Jessica. I LOVE this colour! It combines two of my current favourites,purple and grey.It is one of the most unique polishes in my stash and as someone who has a penchant for buying duplicates (I swear,it's like a disease) I appreciate any shade that is even the slightest bit different from the norm.


                                          indoors with flash



indoors with flash (this shot shows more grey)



indoors no flash

This photo is the truest representation of this colour.The purple shimmer is more of a red-violet,than it is blue.

The name of this polish makes me want to break out in song (I won't because I don't want to scare my roommates).As a child of the 80's I have mad love for Bananarama.My cousins and I used to dance along to the video whenever "Venus" came on.We even picked which girl we were going to "be" for the day (I always chose the brunette because she had a cool leather jacket.)
*sigh*   I miss those days...

Anyway,I couldn't end this post without including the video.My mother hated this song.

And that is why I loved it :)



Have a great evening ladies!

Ginger-who still loves 80's music and is not ashamed to say so!

5 comments:

  1. Loving this color! I have to buy a Jessica polish but this one definitely goes on the want list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song and the color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song and I love this lacquer - it's one of my favourites.

    Ginger = excellent taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You "hit the nail on the head"! This polish and the song/video are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "She's got it, yeah baby she's got it". I loved Bananarama. I loved all the music from that era of British music. That polish is amazing. I love the violet flash of color from it. Just gorgeous on you. "I'm you Venus, I'm your fire of your desire".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails