Sunday, February 28, 2010

Painting The Town Red

Well,Folks, it's official: Canada owns the podium. We don't have as many overall medals as the U.S. or Germany,but we do  have a lock on the top spot with 13 Golds. That,my friends, is unheard of around these parts. Canada has never done that at any Olympic games,winter or summer.Our previous record was 10 golds won at the boycotted Olympics in 1984. I'd say we're pretty spectacular right about now,and things can only get better from here :)

*Outburst of unabashed patriotism over*

Anyway, today I'd like to share a few of my favourite Olympic winter sports with you!

(stop groaning)

Most of them I've chosen because of their "watchability" but the others are sports I have always loved.

In no particular order they are;

1.Biathlon-Skiing and guns? I am so there.

2.Speed Skating-This sport is crazy! I love it because I never know what is going to happen. Plus,the skaters are always sooo handsome.

3.Curling-This sport is huge here in Canada and watching it is oddly soothing because I don't know enough about it to be stressed out.

4.Hockey-This is my favourite sport besides athletics. During the season I watch it every Saturday night (all three games!) Before the Olympics started I knew the roster of every country's team and (correctly) guessed that the USA and Canada would be in the final together.

5.Figure Skating-I cannot skate at all,but I admire anyone who can. I've been watching since 1988 when Elizabeth Manley won the silver medal and have had a love/hate relationship with it ever since.

6.Skeleton-Sledding head first down an icy track? Hell-to-the-naw! But I'm glad someone is brave enough to do it because it's wonderfully entertaining to watch.

7.Ski and Snowboard cross-Fast,furious, and unpredictable. I love it.

8.Alpine Skiing-I love it but I can't watch it because of the amount of crashes that happen.

9.Luge-Just because I like saying "luge".

10.Snowboarding: Half pipe-Rough,death-defying and graceful are all words that could describe this beautiful sport.

*sigh*
I'll be sad when it's all over :(

I decided to wear  BB Couture's aptly named Fairy Blood (a blood red glitter) today because I've been completely obsessed with reds of late. The pictures aren't colour-accurate though.It is much darker in real life.

indoors with flash

indoors no flash


Somewhere in between my geeky Olympic ramblings and my haphazard nail posts,I've reached the 100 followers milestone. First of all,I'd like to thank all of you for reading this blog. I didn't think anyone would enjoy my mediocre  photos and liberal use of run-on sentences (yes,i do know grammar,i just don't follow the rules because i'm lazy ;P) but, apparently you do.So, thanks. I appreciate all of you.

 I've been hoarding a few goodies to give away(best way to break a no-buy? buy stuff for other people).I'll give you more details as soon as I'm done with my olympic obsession :)

Have a wonderful day ladies!

Ginger-who will not be available between the hours of noon and two Pacific time.

5 comments:

  1. I love that red! I've been buying alot of red recently as well. That one's a keeper! Congrats on your followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this on you!
    Huge Congrats on 100 followers you desreve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, congrats! You're way overdue for that, but you know what they say about opinions. ;) You know I think you're awesome!
    This is such a pretty red on you! I don't know if I could pull it off though.
    As to giveaways - I'm working my way slowly to having one, when I reach 400, and my prize drawer is super full. It's crazy. I keep picking out stuff I think should go in the package. I guess I'm going to have to half it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all the Followers! Also Congrats to Canada (mumbled) for winning the gold medal in hockey. I thought of you immediately. I know your probably jumping up and down screaming. I didn't watch the game but did get updates online from Kim Snyder on Facebook! I saw the medal ceremony and am very happy for the country of Canada. I love all of the same sports during the Olympics except for curling. I don't understand it much and I think it's a bit boring to watch. I love the snowboarding half-pipe. That's amazing and scary to watch. I hold my breath sometimes fearing they are going to hit the edge. I know one snowboarder did and he's not in good shape. Very scary and I don't know how they do it. The skating was beautiful also. Gold and bronze for Canada. I might have forgotten what else but it was gorgeous. Love the Fairy Blood. It looks fantastic on you. Maybe you were trying to match the Canadian hockey uniforms. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails