Thursday, February 11, 2010

Niki Is Awesome!

 ...Yes she is! I have always considered Niki (a.k.a. Magic Maid) one of my favourite bloggers. Not only is she a sweet person (that always comes through in her posts), but she has impeccable taste in nail polish colours mostly because she has the same taste as I do.   I love her blog,but reading it always ends with me spending more money ;) Anyway, one of my longtime lemmings was Sephora By OPI I'm With Brad. Niki noticed it was on my wishlist and sent me an email saying that she had it,but wasn't too nuts about the colour and then she offered to send it to me! My first thought was,"Yeah! Now I don't have to drive 19 hours to the nearest Sephora store to buy one!" and then my second thought was "Wow,what a wonderful gesture." I am forever being amazed at how kind and supportive the nail blogging. I feel I have gotten to know you all,whether it is through your comments,or through your blogs and I am so happy that you have welcomed me, a novice blogger with my okay-ish pictures and my long,rambling posts, into your ranks. It is a privilege to know all of you. Oh,Niki also threw in Never Enough Shoes and a lovely card. And because I have saved every card I've ever gotten since grade 10, I'll be keeping it :)

OK, Enough gushing, here are the pics!

I'm With Brad-Oooh! Love! It's a "lit-from-within" reddish-brown shimmer.It's almost a duplicate of one of my favourites, OPI Midnight in Moscow. I just adore colours like this. They're vampy,sexy,and sophisticated. I have a slight issue with the name though. The only Brad I know is a really sweet,but annoying kid I went to high school with. As for Brad Pitt? Not my cup of tea. Love the colour though :)



Never Enough Shoes-I like this colour,but I was expecting more.It's black,with multi-coloured glitter just below the surface. I think that's my problem with it. All the glitter is underneath. I love it because I love black,but I'd definitely love it more if it was had more glitter. Because apparently, I'm a magpie.



These arrived on Christmas Eve (how's that for timing?) so I put them under my tree with the rest of my gifts.My nailpolish hating  mother was both surprised,and touched that someone I have never met face to face would be so generous. I love being a part of this community!

Have you ever been on the receiving end of a Random Act of Kindness?



Ginger-who hasn't been posting because my roommate and I have been competing for computer-time. She wins because she gets home before I do. Meanie.



4 comments:

  1. I love I'm with brad it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...That was sweet of Nicole. She's a Gem of a lady! Those two colors are gorgeous on you. I really like the reddish brown with the Brad name(I can't remember the entire name....hehehe) Anyway....your too sweet with all that gushing...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I'm so glad you like I'm With Brad! Haha! *blush* You are such a sweetie! I'm just glad I could send you some goodness, and that you enjoyed it. You are more than welcome, of course - and your own taste is utterly impeccable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails