Sunday, January 3, 2010

Five Days' Worth of Manicures in One Post

Hello All! Today I'm going to show you my New Year's mani and a few random swatches that I did last year (wow,it feels weird saying that)


New Year's Mani

I wanted something sparkly,but didn't want to use silver or gold.This is 1 coat of China Glaze  Blue Sparrow over 2 coats of Jessica Casablanca (a black jelly with blue micro-shimmer). I love how this turned out!




And this is a winter-themed Konad I did using OPI Ink suede as a base colour,and Konad special polish in white for the pattern. This is plate M31.


The words "work-appropriate" and "glitter" seem oxymoronic,but in the form of China Glaze Stellar they aren't. This is a lovely beige-mauve packed with tiny silver glitter. Sparkly and subtle,this is one of my favourites from this collection.



Sephora by OPI 212 is one hot,gorgeous mess! I have no idea what to call this. It's a black jelly,with flakies and shimmer,and holographic glitter,and duo chrome flashes in the flakies. It's crazy like a fox,but I love,love,love, it :)


I was hesitant to buy MAC Seriously Hip because it looked so much like China Glaze Wagon Trail (one of my favourites ever).When I finally bought it,I noticed that it has flakies ( almost completely invisible on the nail) and a bit more shimmer than Wagon Trail.They're close,but not close enough to be duplicates. That said, I love this one too :)

I did this to make up for the fact that I've been such a slacker lately :P I promise to post more regularly in 2010.


Have a wonderful day!

Ginger-who spent New Year's Eve with my nearest and dearest,and is pretty sure the "non-alcoholic" champagne got my niece drunk.Oops.

5 comments:

  1. The first one really looks like one from Nfu-oh, cool :D nice manis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparkles suit your personality!
    I hope your new year is as grand and wonderful as you are! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uuuugh, that first one is PERFECT !!! (Note that it was so perfect it warranted three exclamation points)I'm so in love with the Suedes! The next time I place an order (IE, when I order my Alice in Wonderland polishes) I am going to get the rest of the Suedes. I'm missing three. They look cute with the konad!
    I just got 212 myself and was really glad it was just as cool as I thought it would be.
    Wow. I just got completely distracted by noticing your gorgeous color schemed tags to the right - blue and pink. Yeah. Geek much?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shimmery polishes! Love them. You have such beautifully shaped nails. Love all of the pollishes. The Sephora 212 is really a special polish. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails